Why did you leave the Jehovah's Witness faith?

by God_Delusion 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I had various resons so ticked the "other reasons" box, the main gripe for me were the countless failed prophecies and the destruction of billions at the GT ,

• kaik
    kaik

The straw that broke my back was a lack of love and care in the time of need. The answer was that "we are busy preaching the word of God". They never cared about anyone, every single member of the congregation. If I would die, they would not care a bit.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

kaik:

Yes, the JWs are a very unloving bunch who will not care in time of need - unless you are related to the right people, that is. Everybody else is just out of luck. This was my observation.

This must be a terrible rude awakening to those who felt they were in a real "brotherhood". As a working single woman who was on the fringes and with just a few friends, it was all too apparent to me that there was no real love there. I saw this in the early years so I was never really fooled into believing otherwise......I had an older friend who said to me jokingly that her motto was: "blessed is he who expects nothing, for he will not be disappointed." Sadly, it was true.

However, other people who may have been somewhat "accepted" (either because they pioneered or did favors) might have believed it was a brotherhood and that the people were going to be "there" for them in their time of need. In many instances, they found out this was not the case.

I know it is a generalization, but I saw that far too many Witnesses are simply users. I saw that if some misguided person can give (time, $$) then they will have "friends" (if you want to call them that)......Once the goodies dry up, the generous person is forgotten like yesterday's garbage. The users will find another watering hole.

Maybe it was just as well that I was treated and viewed badly. It made it far too easy to walk away!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit