Been a long time...but here is an update.

by crazy2try 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

" My new friends welcome me with no value placed on how often I attend meetings,put in time, or how often I give talks. It is a freeing feeling."

I can relate to that, as I am sure many here can. Thanks for sharing, glad things are going well for you.

• jgnat
    jgnat

"Blessed are the meek, as they will inherit the earth." The Witnesses cling to this verse as if it were all theirs, not realizing as soon as they judge others unworthy, they are out of the meek club.

I am glad you have found the joys of community, something I appreciate immensely.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

It is before 8 a.m. here and I have read your update. I am gathering with non-JW family today as we won't be able to gather on Christmas- today will be our Christmas. So, before heading out to enjoy non-JW stuff, I want to say that your post has totally made my day. Another "leaving the cult" success story.

• Open mind
    Open mind

thanks for taking the time to share your very positive story with all of us.all the best to you and yours in the years ahead.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Thanks for the update.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Good story. Glad you have freedom of mind.

It drives me nuts when I'm around my Dad and he spouts the same BS you are talking about.

JWs don't know their head from their ass when discussing humanity.

• Ding
    Ding

I'm glad your children are able to have real lives in which they can follow their dreams rather than serving the GB!

• crazy2try
    crazy2try

Thank you all for your kind words. I woke up this morning and saw your posts and felt so great. Thank you.

I know that my journey isn't complete. I feel like the brothers may show up one day and demand our intentions. Especially if the see my decorations I'm collecting for next year. LOL. When that time comes, I feel strong and secure enough now to respectfully tell them, they can decide what they want. They can announce what they want, but there is no way I am coming back. I respectfully refuse to play that game. I have no anger towards the brothers who are being controlled, but feel sorry for them. I think the best thing I can do is be loving, kind, respectful. Maybe one of those brothers may be feeling trapped as well.

I also don't want my children to believe my childhood was horrible. It was messed up for sure, but I know my parents did what they thought was right. Both left years before me. That was a hard confusing time. My dad was a PO all my childhood. My children know my dad as a fun loving guitar playing motorcycle riding hippy. Very different then the man I knew as a child. I'm grateful for the change. My mom remarried a wonderful man who always has time for her. Watching my mom while I grew up, was the biggest deterrent to being a witness. I told my husband before we married that he could not be an elder, based off what my mom's life was like. We have been married now 18 years.

Thankfully my husband has agreed to leaving too, his journey has been different then mine. As you can guess, I like to talk about it. But he is more private. I like to talk about all the little challenges I face- for example: I worked at a school for a few years. It was a child's birthday. They passed out cup cakes. I ate mine almost immediately. LOL...the Little boy next to me noticed. He quietly told me I am suppose to wait for the birthday child to take a bite. He then proceeded to get me another one. LOL. Moments like that...lol seriously. There are so many more. But I better go now, dinner needs to be started.

Take care! And thank you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit