Been a long time...but here is an update.

by crazy2try 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• crazy2try
    crazy2try

I haven't posted in 3 years. (I think) . My husband and I haven't gone to a meeting or memorial in 2 years. What a great feeling! I do not miss the hall. We faded as much as we could. I still have close family that attend, but they no longer ask us to come or discuss witness topics, unless we bring them up. My husband has not cut his hair since we quit going. He has long curly ringlets.LOL. he also got his ears pierced. I think he would have done these things when he was a teen, but due to the limitations of being an jw, he never felt free to express himself.

Our lives have changed so much and I love it. My husband coaches for our middle school football team. Our children are very active in sports,music, and our little community. Our son is student body president and our daughter is very creative and is very active in 4H.

I am amazed on how narrow my thinking was prior to leaving. I have allowed myself to get to know other people,be a part of my community. I feel blessed. My new friends welcome me with no value placed on how often I attend meetings,put in time, or how often I give talks. It is a freeing feeling.

Recently a brother who travels,stopped by our door. He obviously had heard about us and had met our jw family. He reminded me of a used car salesman. My husband was home. I was so happy he was. The face the brother made was very entertaining,when he saw my husband's long hair and earrings. But he gained his composure and began to talk. Unfortunately, he began to talk about how horrible the world is and how we can't trust anyone outside the faith. This upset me, as the language he used was so typical of a narrow minded witness. (Some witnesses have good hearts) I held my tongue and let my husband handle it. I was so proud of him. He let the brother know..... I don't know you.....you are saying very judgmental things about people you don't know. ......I meet people and base my trust of their actions. My husband then asked him to leave. Another brother was with him, whom we love. My husband told him that he is welcome to come back anytime.

It is Christmas now, we will be celebrating.

For those of you trying to get out.......it feels wonderful to feel free........ to be who I want to be.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Good to see your doing well. Its amazing that they believe thier the true religion of God and yet do not do what Jesus said to do. "Do not exalt yourselves" "Do not judge others"

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Awesome!

geez I seem to say that a lot these days, I think it must be waay outdated by now LOL ...

Yep, the freedom is bloody wonderful....

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Crazy2try, i love your story. lol

LoisLane

• Jen1
    Jen1

Happy for you. x

Its really hard when you are brought up with how every one is bad except jws. And the jws are so judgemental of everyone, and unkind. I am not df or anything but some are no longer speaking to me, this puts me off going to hall, sisters that judge me because I have not been out on field service, missed a few meetings.

• sizemik
    sizemik

Great post ... thanks for coming back and sharing that. I especially enjoyed hearing of your kids, growing up balanced and involved in the community ... that in itself makes it worth it. Freedom is relative of course, but the freedom to choose for oneself, rather than adhering to the decisions of others, is the only real freedom. It seems like you're making good choices.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Whoo hoo, that's so cool. Isn't it amazing just how imprisoned we were? Something simple like a hairstyle becomes such a big deal. But you are by no means the raging, bitter apostate we were all supposed to become when we left, you know, eating at the table of demons and that. WOW.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

So nice to hear your story! Good for you.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Crazy2try I'm glad everything is going well for you. I've been out 25 years and it's wonderful. Love what you said

I meet people and base my trust of their actions

I know this sounds obvious but to people raised in a cult, like me, it wasn't. For years I associated with people who were awful to me. I even gave them meals, which I could barely afford, in my home. Now I just don't put up with it if people treat me badly. Why should I? The worst thing was I kept being told these are the most loving people in the world! Now like you I trust only the people who treat me well. Good grief even Jesus said by their friuts you shall know them. I no longer believe in him but it is a good principle to live by.

Happy Christmas

• designs
    designs

Nice, well done.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit