Is it wrong to play GTA 5?

by Brother Mike 59 Replies latest social entertainment

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

I wonder how many people have played them or just read about them, they are so detached from real life its a ridiculous idea!

Its like saying.... A kid playing with his lego, hijacking cars, doing bank robberies may go on to do It.... Its a character on the screen, even realistic games are 100% detached from real life. How many FIFA players became footballers, how many Wii tennis players got to Wimbledon!? Its THAT silly lol.

Just as wii tennis has no connection to real tennis or reality, you dont even feel like playing tennis after it.... Likewise war games for example are as connected to real life as wii tennis.

i sincerely believe and know from experience, that books, films and music have more connection and influence on relaity than CURRENT games. BUT STILL, if a book, film, song makes you do something stupid...,you are a dick!

All you fear mongeres lol, check out THE OCULUS RIFT, this may change things....

http://www.oculusvr.com

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TRyOzyTta24&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DTRyOzyTta24

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Did watching spaghetti westerns destroy your generation?.... Come on !

Playing a video game with an involving attached character of your own and getting praise and bonus points upon

how many people you kill is not the same experience as watching a movie in a theater.

There is strong psychological self immersion by people playing the game thats goes beyond a visional experience,

practically when the individual plays the same game day after day for hours on end.

You can only be a winner if you kill alot of people in the game.

Take note that these games are many times played by 10, 12 year old boys and those are the ones that I'm

specifically taking talking about, not mature 30 year olds.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

..........................................................................Anyone who plays Violent Video Games..

.........Hopefully it comes out on PC..............................Will be Killed by Jehovah!!..

.............................................................. photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Like I said before this has nothing to do with poorly educated religionists playing god (JWS),

we are talking about human psychology.

F..K the Watchtower Corporation and the idiots running it.

The real difference we are taking about is what kind of sociological make up occurs between a young teenager (even child)

opposed to a mature adult, thats where the debate stands.

For the record I play the occasional first person shooter myself to waste some time,

I'm a middle aged adult male.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

There is strong psychological self immersion by people playing the game thats goes beyond a visional experience,

practically when the individual plays the same game day after day for hours on end.

You can only be a winner if you kill alot of people in the game.

Someone hasnt played any video games.....

[edit] What games do you play? Jesus maybe YOU shouldnt !.....

I have played them for nearly 30 years and never felt any connection to the screen beyond entertainment or the story. I LOVE FPS and never once felt immersed in killing people. Gaming is 100% about the thrill of outsmarting the computer, the game maker or the chinese kid kicking your arse on battlefield... War happens to translate well, because it is a representation of the ultimate cost of being outsmarted, losing a virtual life.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Put the controller down fink, slowly, keep your other arm up in the air.... Ok now slowly get on your knees....

FRAG

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

...........................................................Play WatchTower Armageddon!..

.........................................................................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

The irony of the WT dogma regarding the influence of violent material is not lot lost on me nowadays, I recently spoke to my sister about games, movies, books etc and then asked her to look at the bible stories book and average WT And Awake. JW kids see pictures of genocide, infanticide, murder etc from dsy one, parents give them those books to play with in the KH from toddler age and up! Samson was a suicide murderer! David was a murderer, Moses was a murderer.... Shall i go on?

How many 'worldly' kids are seeing that horror day in and day out? The smurfs are bad, but telling your kids everyone not a JW is due to die by gods hand is ok?.....here look at this visualisation... Yeah look a mum holding her dead daughter above a hole in the ground...

Its MENTAL. How f'ed up a parent do you have to be to shovel this crap on your kids.... jesus...

oh yeah and violent games are bad...

GTA 75

Get Through Armageddon '75 (we didnt say which 75!)

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I have played them for nearly 30 years and never felt any connection to the screen beyond entertainment or the story. I LOVE FPS and never once felt immersed in killing people..

Bingo so have I, we aren't talking about the majority here.

Go back a read the previous posts by myself.

Unfortunately not all young teens or children have watchful or caring adults supervising what their kids are playing

on their video game machines/computers.

AND please don't post some more idiotic posts about well I haven't killed anyone comments, this isn't about you.

The question remains do these video games influence certain ones (minority) to get involved with crimes they see and experience

in video games ?

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

I havent ONCE said I havent killed anyone..... cos I dont rat! Ha ha ha Dont be such a douche, at least read my replies!

You said there is a strong psychological self immersion..... WTF? Is there? There is not one shred of evidence of this! ( off you go and google now)

Whilst playing Crash bandicoot 35, i felt immersed and bgan jumping on boxes... Later playing Tomb Raider, I had the urge to say 'ugh' repeatedly and do a provocative handstand!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit