Is it wrong to play GTA 5?

by Brother Mike 59 Replies latest social entertainment

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Apognophos in just about every instance of violent crime / slaughter in schools and Colleges there was an

apparent connection to these individuals and their involvement with violent (shooting) video games.

Sandy Hook Elementary shooting as another example.

These subjective slaughterers were most likely instigated by individuals who saw those school peers as their own

personal enemies or opposing characters in video games, where they could by shot down randomly, making themselves

the assuming and winning victorys, similar in experience from games they played at home.

This certainly isn't a wide spread occurrence to be noted but nevertheless people's psychology development is never the

same from one to another.

Like I said before people who play these games have little empathy toward the general

population from their own perspective, why ? because most of them are adolescents themselves.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Here's the problem with that logic, Fink. Not everyone who plays violent video games turns in to a callous mass-killer. Most people can dinguish fantasy from reality just fine. There has to be other factors.

• BU2B
    BU2B

Well it was mentioned at the last CA as a no no. (along with paintball, and by extension lasertag. There are no loopholes) More than the violence, the brother giving the talk brought out how there was (gasp) nudity i the game. Typical of JWs and of Americans in general to be thrown into a tizzy by nudity, but much more tolerant of graphic violence.

• KateWild
    KateWild

I would say stealing cars is illegal. So playing a game about stealing cars is morally unacceptable too. IMO I don't think these games are harmless, so as a JW it was wrong, but as an xJW I am not impressed. Maybe I need to deprogram some more.

Love Kate xx

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

of course it is wrong by JW standards... It has murder, prostitution, theft, mass killing, fraud, adultery, family disfunction, war..... Its not like it is based on the bible... WAIT A MINUTE!

kate... You need to de-program some more lol....

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Fink. Not everyone who plays violent video games turns into a callous mass-killer.

I know jgnat, I'm just posturing the connection, most people who play these games are not intellectually mature adults

which creates their possible danger to whom these games are played by.

Some people say there is no psychological connection influencing their social behavior,

I'm saying there is to a minority few.

• KateWild
    KateWild

kate... You need to de-program some more lol...-snare

Hahahaha From being plain female, do any women think these games are harmless????????????????? Kate xx

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Separate JWism (religion) out of this, we are taking about human psychology and the

sensitive psychological make up of young impressionable teenagers.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Fink..... Dude, most of my generation play these games, the minority dont. I am 33, a mature student in education. By the time my disc arrived most of my colleagues had completed it.

Did watching spaghetti westerns destroy your generation?.... Come on !

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

..................Hitman Absolution...........................It`s important to get Rid of the Bodies!..

...................................................And Kill all the Nuns!!..

.....................If playing this game makes you want to Kill Real People..

.........................................You were Nuts to begin with..

................................ photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit