A bona fide Circuit Overseer endorses jw.net!

by abiather 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty

Abiather is an apologist for the extreme cult the Brahma Kumaris...

A bunch of them were banned by Simon a while ago. The main account was in the name Rose Mary but there were also a number of sockpuppets.

Just like Abiather they preach celibacy and use dreadful allegories with a smattering of pseudo-science.

There was another member appeared last week Yisiaiah and has only made one post to tell Abiather how wise he/she is.

Every word of the OP is total bullshit.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Sounds like a guy making excuses for being on the wrong side of what the bible really teaches and doesn't have the balls to quit.

• rocketman
    rocketman

I wonder if he was either referring to jw.org and accidentally called it .net, or if he's thinking of that jw board (the name escapes me at the moment) that consists of jws only?

In any case, I'm having trouble buying this, although I wouldn't dismiss it entirely as fiction. I mean, it is conceivable.

• humbled
    humbled

There's a new thread just started--a N.Y. Times article about the defrocked Methodist minister whose personal faith collided with his church.

Hard to see where you can have a faith inside of you that grows beyond the borders of doctrine still fits in a church.

Is any religion big enough to house individual growth?

• jgnat
    jgnat

Humbled, IMO it is the degree of shunning and cutting-off that distinguises the WTS from a regular church. For instance, in my church I am not admonished to police my thoughts, or is it suggested that if my thoughts don't conform I do not belong.

• humbled
    humbled

Until we have a case like the man defrocked, I can agree with you. Perhaps his church let him think as he liked --until his son was gay and wanted to be married.

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Humbled,

Finding oneself in a church where you no longer believe, say, what others believe about the bible will get you in trouble or else ..silent in the church.

I've got 45+ years of church experience. None every imposed their creed on me and with a Judaic background, I think I would have noticed. :) I never "got in trouble" for my non-traditional thinking for my thinking was based on my experiences.

I give credit to my Catholic school educators for teaching me how and therefore giving me permission to think critically about the Bible.

• Island Man
    Island Man

I wouldn't be surprised if there are awake C.O.s. I mean, think about it, how can men in such positions not be better placed than we are to see the organization for what it really is?

One time I heard a C.O. during a talk on the importance of showing brotherly love actually say something like this:

"If you don't have it [i.e. the capacity to show genuine brotherly love] then fake it until you get it."

I wonder if he was sharing with the audience what he had been told in 'C.O. School' . . .

• humbled
    humbled

Hello there, NeverKnew!

The problem seems to be how MUCH outside the Church-box we think.

The Conference of American Catholic Religious Sisters--the nuns are struggling to follow their conscience, Jesus and perform their duties to the poor. Yet they are constantly running afoul of the hierarchy. They have wondered if their promise of obedience is to the church or to God.

I appreciate that there are places where you can grow--I am only saying this: churches do have their rules.

edit: that said, Pope Francis is bending them. Best one they've had in a while.

• abiather
    abiather

Saturday and Sunday he was busy with Assembly, hence could read your replies only last night. This is what he says:

“I am happy that some of them (ignat, rocketman, island Man, and humbled) could read not only in between the lines but also my heart perfectly!

I will serve one more year as CO, then I will take voluntary retirement. From this week onward through 2014, I want to start a series in jw.net titled: MY EXPERIMENTS WITH “TRUTH,” a CO opens his heart.

It may help at least a few not to waste their lives, like me.”

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit