Please don't take the mick....but I got disfellowshipped for kneeing an elder in the nads

by outinthemeadows 47 Replies latest watchtower bible

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Thanks Splash!

• steve2
    steve2

Your response sounds like you've had occasion for personal sensitivity to the topic.

Not as a protagonist but as a victim yes. As a pre-pubescent teenager, I was inappropriately touched by an older male when I was doing my magazine route by myself (JW kids did service alone in the 1960s - especially magazine routes). I did not feel able to tell anyone but had the satisfaction years later in seeing this creepy male appear before the courts on charges relating to other children and receiving a custodial sentence.

Back to the current topic, though: If I have misconstrued the circumstances of the poster's clearly violent response, of course I apologize. However, from the OP I was uncertain whether the topic was raised to make light of the "victim", seek praise for the violence or protest bad treatment by the organization - or all three. The seemingly flippant tone did not help.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

You know what? I agree with the OP. People ought to just keep their hands to themselves. To continue to hug a woman who specifically said she doesn't want it is at the best very stupid and patronizing. At the worst, it's harassment. He apparently didn't listen to what she said. She made her point a little more firmly.

I was in a congregation with elders who liked little blonde teenagers. It was very creepy to be "hugged" by them.

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

Isn't there some obscure OT passage against kneeing an elder in the nads?

• steve2
    steve2

I had mistakenly assumed the OP was written by a male.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I doubt a sister would do that to the elder unless he was being extremely inappropriate, given the power elders have in the congregation, so my inclination is to believe you and job well done. Getting disfellowshipped is rough, especially for something like that, but hopefully it woke you up to the lie that is "the truth", and you are better off now.

• jgnat
  • quellycatface
    quellycatface

They won't forget you in a hurry. I hope you are doing okay after all that crap you've gone through.

If you feel really angry, you could take it to the National Enquirer, they would suck that right up.

Take care & Merry Christmas X

• carla
    carla

You could write NY with all your details and let them know that if any jc is formed or any actions come from this you will go public with the story of continued sexual harrassment within the jw religion. How women are forced to put up with such behavior in this century blah, blah..... use political correctness (or in this case common decency) to your advantage.

I know many here have written NY without any response but the few times I have written there has been a response to the elders, not me but the kh anyway and I'm not even a jw, never have been, never will. Worth a try sometimes.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

WOW! Good for you.

Just let me say this, it doesn't matter where he touched you. You told him to respect your personal space and he did not. There are many Elders who are handsy and creepy, and many have no respect for personal boundaries. What was the official charge? Brazen Conduct? You definitely humiliated a "Star" from the book of Revelation! LOL!! Remember, these guys are "Dukes" now as well. You kneed a Duke in the junk, that's awesome.

I would appeal their decision, but only to record the meeting and report on their behavior. Anything that you can do to expose their corruption will help other people in the future.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit