Harold Camping is Dead. Who now will issue Judgement Day predictions?

by PaintedToeNail 25 Replies latest jw friends

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

So, Harold Camping has died at the age of 92. No more end of the world predictions from him. He apparently went into hiding after his last predictions didn't come true.

• sir82
    sir82

Well he finally got one right. His world ended.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Sylvia Browne and Harold Camping, both stopped from deceiving and swindling people.

I think he may have been undead.

• adamah
    adamah

Holy heck, I missed the death of Sylvia Browne, rebel: what a MASSIVE fraud she was!

I also missed her tie-in to the Ariel Castro case:

While beloved by many in the psychic community, Browne also had detractors. They included those critical of her remarks, on a 2004 episode of "The Montel Williams Show," that then-missing Amanda Berry was dead -- telling Berry's mother she would next see her daughter "in heaven, on the other side."

Berry ended up being rescued -- along with her young daughter, Michelle Knight and Gina DeJesus -- last May in the Cleveland home of Ariel Castro, where they'd been held captive for the better part of a decade. Browne subsequently posted a statement on her website saying, "If ever there was a time to be grateful and relieved for being mistaken, this is that time. Only God is right all the time."

Browne's Facebook page includes a September 10 posting stating, "If you are afraid to die, you will not fully live." The final message came less than a month ago, on October 27, when Browne wrote, "My one prayer every morning that has carried me through my life is, 'Hi God, it's me again.'

"It doesn't matter how you pray," she added. "It can be just simply talking to God. Remember, God knows your heart and soul."

Sylvia's claimed psychic abilities, but then hides behind the protection of God? What a truly worthless despicable human being she was, making an entire career out of playing off of people's emotional needs at their most vulnerable moments.

Wait: I guess that's no worse than any other who touts the same message...

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

rebel8-Scary true!

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I feel bad for the people who Camping mislead. I know they should have known better but they were duped.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

He apparently went into hiding after his last predictions didn't come true.

Yes he became busily involved counting and spending the money he made for himself and his ministry.

He did come out with a small apology but he was also aware that he didn't have to return any of that acquired money .

Estimated to be close to a million. $$$

• Ding
    Ding

At least Camping didn't get more and more "new light" and keep the whole thing going for more than 125 years.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

There will always be one more. That is my prediction, and if I am right about this perhaps I have a future predicting future events.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

Can't say I am exactly sorry to hear that news!

Bill.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit