scum bag elder

by Crazyguy 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

Various viewpoints so far.

My take is.....you took scum bag elders power over you away. Now this elder will try to manipulate you into a position where he can flip it and exert a judgement decision over you.

You backtract after that letter you sent in and they will cut your throat with it.

Goodluck sorting everything out with the wife & kids.

• steve2
    steve2

Hey crazyguy, you hand the letter to your wife to give to the kindly elder, but get a text from the other elder. How do you know your wife handed it to the other elder? Isn't it possible she gave it to the kindly elder but he showed it to the other elders? They do not work in isolation and, in fact, under the circumstances are required to confer with one another. Besides, why didn't you post the letter to the kindly elder? Why use your wife as the postwoman?

I'm trying to get my head around how you would have expected them to respond, given all you know about the organization.

• jgnat
    jgnat

"Thank you for your concern but I am in no need of shepherding visits any more."

Don't use your wife as a go-between any more. It divides her and it is sweeter for you to deal with the elders directly. This goes for messages the elders want to pass to you through her. Let her know that the elders can talk to you directly if there is anything left to say, but you have already said it all anyhow.

Think of a child in a custody battle between warring parents. You want to keep the child out of the war.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Don't use your wife as a go-between any more. It divides her and it is sweeter for you to deal with the elders directly.

Grow some balls. Quit sending in a woman to resolve your issues.

Doc

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

The Searcher suggestion.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

It is standard procedure for elders to confirm that your letter isn't a rash or emotional decision. It must be confirmed by either meeting with you or having your words confirm it by telling them you are done. So if you are done, email them to respect your written wishes and anything else you wish to say. They will announce it in due time. I agree though, dont use go betweens.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"So the text reads "your wife has informed me of your letter and its sad to hear, would like to meet one last time not as a jc, to be sure this is what you want." Would like to respond to his text with something very appropriate but can't think of any thing."

Here's some ideas:

"Please respect the fact that I have disfellowshipped you for being a proponent of false prophets. Discussing the sins of Watchtower Corporation with you would clearly be a waste of both of our time since you are a very low level pawn of the Jehovah's Witness clergy heirarchy."

"'...sad to hear?' Let's be honest, you've been aching to drag me before a jc in a windowless back room of the kh. You need to recheck the scriptures. Such matters were to be conducted at the city gate in ancient Israel. The account in Corinthians was written and discussed openly, in harmony with the instructions to conduct such matters before all on-lookers and before the congregation. Let's stop the pretense that any JW procedures are based on scripture. And let's stop the pretense that you have any real authority. 1 Cor. 11:3 is very clear, yet every clergyman, including yourself, inserts themselves as Christ's spokesman."

"Instead of meeting with you, perhaps I could meet with your wife and she could inform me of whatever it is that you have on your mind."

Frankly, I probably wouldn't respond. Was the letter that unclear? Does he have problems reading?

As far as the wife and kids, don't judge them too harshly. You are the one that has changed and woken up. They are still in the WT stupor. Make it clear that this change is for the better and that you haven't become the "stark raving mad evil apostate" that the scum bag elder wants you to become.

• somebody
    somebody

A simple "No thanks", as another poster responded, would be my response too.

• outinthemeadows
    outinthemeadows

Knee him in the nads......that's what I did......

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

If I understand TEC's comment right, I agree. It is posible and highly likely that your wife thought she was "helping" you whenever she said what she said. It is possible that the elders pressured her.

As far as the Judas comment, it may be fuel on the fire that you handed her your DA letter. But she was only the messenger.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit