scum bag elder

by Crazyguy 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

So last night I had a family meeting and told my kids that I was quitting as a JW and then gave my wife my DA letter to give to the one elder I like at the hall tonight. So this morning I see a text from the CO elder the one that met with me and is gunning to get me out and had already tried to get me to a jc meeting this week. So the text reads "your wife has informed me of your letter and its sad to hear, would like to meet one last time not as a jc, to be sure this is what you want."

So feel like my wife continues to be my Judas and this guy is getting one last turn of the knife that he put in my back. WTF! what away to start the day. Would like to respond to his text with something very appropriate but can't think of any thing. Very emotional now thinking of my wife and feeling like she's been a spy for the enemy this whole time. Also at the family meeting most of my kids were prepared for the news because she already told them but ofcourse who knows what things she actual said. This whole thing is just crazy and evil, and I don't even have anyone to talk to.

• tec
    tec

I'm sorry, Crazyguy. This is what they teach their members right? To be loyal to the org first, and if that means turning on loved ones, that is what it means... though some think that they do this out of love to try and help, and if I remember your story right, your wife is not leaving you over the religion, but still loves you.

All that being said, remember the elders in Kate's JC, and how they pushed and pressured and browbeated her into giving something up on her daughter? This elder could have pulled something similar on your wife, and then made it sound as though she came to him, when who knows what really happened, or how he might have browbeaten a comment or affirmative out of her. Please keep that in mind.

Peace and strength to you,

tammy

• ?evrything
    ?evrything

No thanks would be my response.

• chrisuk
    chrisuk

I'd just tell him that you're sure it's the right decision for you, so thanks but no thanks.

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

I don't think your wife is your judas, crazyguy. I'm sure she loves you, and may just be trying to get you "back to the flock."

Have you been very direct with her, asking her what she is discussing with the elders? Perhaps you should sit down with your children one on one to gently & respectfully tell them what you know about the org., asking them in the beginning to please listen to you before they shut down, and allow you to finish before they speak. Tell them you will give them the same respect after. Can't hurt to try.

Can you ignore the elder? If he's been a jerk, you owe him nothing. You know you don't have to play by their rules. I hope your wife eventually comes around and sees the light. I know you will come out of this looking like the better person. You have us to talk to whenever you need. I hope your day gets better.

• Thoughtless
    Thoughtless

Just leave it be. They have as much power as you give them and not the other way around. Much love to you.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Just ignore the elder. As Thoughtless so thoughtfully said, " They have as much power as you give them and not the other way around. "

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Just tell them:

1) leave you alone.

2) dont't speak to your wife without your permission

You could meet with them and ask them to answer all your questions from the scriptures, but we know they cannot do that. You can't change them, and you cannot reason with them. I don't remember what issues you brought up in your letter, but I guess they don't matter. Loyalty to the ORG is all that really matters.

Hey, don't give up! This may be what helps your wife awaken. Especially as this old system continues to drag on and on, with none of the WTBTS promises coming true. Love your wife and realize that she is a victim. Easier said than done, I know...

These guys can't hide their activities forever. They are going to be exposed sooner or later, and you will be proven right. That will be an awesome day.

DD

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Big mistake playing by their rules!

I'd contact the 'nice' elder and tell him to destroy the letter because you''ve been going through a lot of stress lately. Then use your anguish as a justification for not meeting with the Rottweiler elder!

That'll really cheese him off!

P.S. Remind wife that you are the head of the household, and as such, you don't want her discussing with ANY brothers your household business or anything to do with you. Tell her to direct any questions to YOU!

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

So sorry for your troubles.don't let them manipulate your wife.text this elder that and tell him not to mention anything to her, or you will be seeking legal advice.

What a bunch of small town gangsters they think they are.

I feel very angry for you too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit