scum bag elder

by Crazyguy 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• never a jw
    never a jw

drinking the wine and eating the bread... is very funny, but not wise. Get your fun some other way. Your personal vendettas or your venting is not very useful if you want to win the "war".

• happy@last
    happy@last

Your family is your priority, save your kids. You did what you had to do, close the chapter on it and enjoy the freedom

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I haven't read all of your posts to know your background. Is your wife also leaving/wants to leave? Or, is this between you and the Borg? If it's between you and the Borg, I wouldn't use the wife as a messenger. I think that would be very hard on a believing/hoping spouse to do. She loves you, and her doing this could be very hard on her emotionally. You have to take into account her feelings all the way through this. The rest of your family too. You are asking them to lose their friendships, which a short time ago you probably defended as being the best.

My advice to you, is to slowly point out the illogical to your family, assure them of your love to them, and have as many good family outings and picnics. If you alienate them (say, wifey thinks you are less of a man to have a woman do his bidding, left the JWs, left Jehovah), you are setting yourself up for a divorce. If she divorces you, then who is going to get the kids? What if she remarries? What if it's a quickie JW marraige? What if he's a wife-beater who is going to expose your children to abuse, or worse, a pedophile brother who wants to be near your teenaged daughter, but WOWS your wife with a 2 week fake show that he is absolutely great JW husband material? You have too much to lose, to not carefully plan every battle and every battlefield.

Skeeter

• Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

This is just a standard procedure to verify that you want out, and haven't written the letter while in a bad emotional state, drunk or something like that. All you have to do is respond to the text/email and briefly say that there is no need to meet. Your letter expresses your decision. If you leave it at that, they will leave you alone and announce at the next Service Meeting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit