by chrisuk 78 Replies latest jw friends

• KateWild
    KateWild

coma, join us off the tracks it's fun

Seraphim, glad you think we are funny

Kate xx

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

I will Katwild. I wont let you guys go off without me.

• bohm
    bohm

Kate: pi is not found in nature either ( think about it). I asked because in math, you start out by a set of rules (like in chess) and you use those to derive theorems, like you apply rules of chess to derive valid board configurations. One of the things that can be derived is pi. If god is not required for this process to work in some cases (chess) i think it is special pleading to say he is required in other (constructing pi).

now pi is very usefull in physics because many things end up being approximately circular in nature. But thats because of things like gravity, not god.

• KateWild
    KateWild

But thats things like gravity which is causing it, not god.-bohm

Things like, many of these things that are circular and spherical are also wrt strong and weak magnetic forces, but other things we just have not yet discovered, but they are contsructed. They are waiting to be discovered.

Kate xx

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

Are we headed to an infinite regress here?

• bohm
    bohm

Kate: i dont see the point?

we agree so far we do not need god to construct pi mathematically and proove theorems about pi such as how volume and radius are related for an ideal sphere.

i also assume we agree gravity on its own will cause for instance the sun to have aN approximately spherical shape, ie surface is approximately the same distance from the center.

now it only take a bit of imagination for a human to put those two things together.

so where is god needed exactly?

• KateWild
    KateWild

Seraphim,

Yes looks like we are in a science stale mate. Goodnight for now, I will check back in tomorrow. Kate xx

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

Have a good night Kate.

• KateWild
    KateWild

IMO God is not needed or required, pi makes me think of God.

Bohm, We agree on the science, I am just more religious than you. Love Kate xx

• bohm
    bohm

Okay, i misunderstood you. Pi ought to make you think of math, much more interesting than god.

Sleep well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit