so happy today!!

by XstuckX 33 Replies latest jw friends

• clarity
    clarity

Congratulations to you, Mrs xStuckX & all the little Stucks!

clarity

• XstuckX
    XstuckX

and the plot thickens.......my boss (the elder) just contacted me to have our family do a service meeting part about youths and school. I told me wife about it and she told me this is why we need to write letters of dissasociation. I'm scared because of how it's going to affect us financially. If it wasn't for that I would have no problem with that. Wow....if someone would have told me this morning that before the day was over my wife would be pressuring me to turn in our DA letters I would have laughed in their face.

• adamah
    adamah

XStuckX said-

Wow....if someone would have told me this morning that before the day was over my wife would be pressuring me to turn in our DA letters I would have laughed in their face.

LOL! Like the old saying goes, "Be careful what you wish for, as when the Gods want to punish you, they grant you your wishes."

BTW, if he fires you (if you are his employee), he's likely bought a "wrongful discharge" lawsuit, since he's not allowed to do that! Document EVERYTHING you do and say (and his responses), and look NOW into the employment laws in your state/land, and start looking for another job yesterday.

Adam

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

XStuckX, What a great story! Keep us posted OK?

• Ding
  • Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Congrats on the Mrs.!

"In a few years I'll be part owner....if I make it that long and he won't be able to screw me over."

If he's anything like the 'brothers' I've dealt with, get ready to be screwed over. Even bethel made promises and wanted 'lifers' when I was there. Then there was a change of plans and thousands of late middle-aged bethelites were dumped out into the worst job market in decades with no unemployment benefits, no insurance, no skills, no references.

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

Awesome! Get some family bonding traditions going and enjoy the season!

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

That's great. I would gently raise a few innocent questions, to see where she stands doctrinally. I would be good for her to have a solid reason for not going back, so that she doesn't change her mind some time down the track.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Talk to an employment attorney tomorrow about your rights and options regarding your job. This is definitely a time for legal consultation.

Congratulations! As to Christmas, tell your wife that you are consulting with a lawyer about how to protect yourself and quietly get your holiday together in the meantime.

I would suggest you lawyer up in every direction cause they will likely try to hurt you so that you don't hurt them(boss). Get a legal plan in place for preventive assistance and speak to a lawyer.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Adamah and Billy are right. Holding out for the future part ownership is likely pointless even if you were still drinking the KoolAid. You do need to cover your butt. IM me if you have any other questions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit