so happy today!!

by XstuckX 33 Replies latest jw friends

• bsmart
    bsmart

What a happy day for you! I second the other job idea. Get your networking skills going and maybe you can be competition for the boss in a few years time.

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

Great news!! Congrats!

• rubadubdub
    rubadubdub

Congrats XStuckX!

I read your post to my hubby. He laughed and said, "That's sounds awfully familiar!" One day after 42 years in, I said to my long-faded husband, "I'm not going to be a witness anymore." He did not see that coming!

The thing is, leaving is a process for each of us, and we all do it in our own way and in our own time. Yesterday was not likely the beginning of your wife's journey out of the WT. Things have been brewing under the surface. I agree with jwfacts that your wife will need to learn TTATT, sooner rather than later. I, too, left based on both my own reasoning and emotions. Once the euphoria of feeling free (In your wife's case baking birthday cookies and celebrating Christmas) passes, the reality of the magnitude of losing her entire belief system will set in. Your wife is not mentally free yet.

You know your wife and your situation best. My thought is that you might want to slow everything way down. I just walked away and ignored all contact (nearly daily) for over five months. They are basically leaving me alone now. (Two elders did come by with the RNWT-- I accepted it, thanked them and told them it wasn't a good time to talk.) There are advantages and disadvantages to writing a DA letter. Explore them with your wife. This can be a reasoned decision, rather than a reactiive gesture if you slow things down a bit. Why not wait until after the holidays to decide?

You have received great advice about your employement situation.

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

Save your family. My gosh man. Do everything you can to distance yourself from this POS organization.

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

Congrats - great that you and the missus were of one mind - enjoy the holiday season and Merry Xmas - as others said - dive in and enjoy Xmas as much as possible - the kids will love it! You can sort the serious stuff later.

• XstuckX
    XstuckX

After thinking about this all evening and this morning. I've come to the conclusion I think I want to go along with her idea. Which would be to just write our DA letters and be done with it. And deal with the aftermath. I'm tired of playing the charade and want to put it behind me. Of course I'll look into legal advice to be prepared for what comes from the job situation. But even if worst comes to worst, we will deal with it and begin the process of putting this cult behind us. I texted my wife to call me on her lunch break so we can discuss it. I'll keep you all posted. thanks for the great advice everyone.

btw...also wanted to mention we're letting our children get involved in school activities that are strongly frowned upon in the hall. My son is in wrestling and football. My daughter is in band. I know how much it hurt me to never be allowed to do the things I loved in school and could not put my children through the same misery I went through.

• adamah
    adamah

XStuck said-

My son is in wrestling and football. My daughter is in band. I know how much it hurt me to never be allowed to do the things I loved in school and could not put my children through the same misery I went through.

That's it, right there:

Someone's gotta break the cycle, and as long as the people actually manage to get it done, the rest of the stuff is details.

Adam

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

Stay strong bro. One day at a time.

Distance yourself one day at a time..... One contact and experience at a time. Good for you!

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

@XstuckX - BRAVO TO YOU SIR!

• jgnat
    jgnat

Congratulations!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit