this week's wt study

by thedog1 73 Replies latest watchtower bible

• thedog1
    thedog1

Interesting. I did read a book about his theories. It was called, fittingly, E=mc2, (can't get the squared 2 in the right place!) I also like this quote attributed to him. "Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomena as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity."

• humbled
    humbled

thedog1,

Please tell us what you think of CoC when you finish it. I read it after I was out.

Maeve

• thedog1
    thedog1

ok, I will, still digesting lots of things, not only CoC but various other topics aired on this site. But I will let you know when I finish it or anything that strikes me on the way.

• jgnat
    jgnat

For a good mind-blowing read, try QED: The Strange Theory of Light and Matter by Richard P. Feynman.

Feynman worked on the Manhattan Project and I'm pretty sure he's the physicist who had the presence of mind to throw some bits of paper in the air as the shock wave passed. Hence, he was the one who accurately predicted the power of that first nuclear explosion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit