Do You Think Anyone Looks Down On People Who Commit "Fornication"?

by minimus 20 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I think only in strict religious circles, is it considered taboo.

Does someone's "fornicating" bother you?

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

No. Now get the fornication out of here! ( Insert [lol] emoticon of your choice)

• minimus
  • Gopher
    Gopher

Certain religious people do look down on it. The word "fornication" was created by and for the use of religious people. Like Paul once wrote "Unless I had been taught by the law [about sin], I wouldn't know sin."

It seems that those who are loudest about certain sins are those who fully enjoyed them when they were younger, but now have settled down and tell others not to do what they (the loud speakers) did before.

• stillin
    stillin

Everybody is trying to be tolerant, including older ones who grew up with more rigid (er!) standards.

• designs
    designs

Just the person in the Superior Position looks down...

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

to look down on someone means your above. sense we are all sinners, we all deserve the wrath of god. so when i talk with one who fornicates i can not look down on them. i can only point them to the word of god and show them the need to repent and trust in jesus .so they can no longer be a slave to sin. it saddens me to see ppl think there relegion gives them the ability to look down on ppl.

• Stand for Pure Worship
    Stand for Pure Worship

No, and I often point this out when people speak negatively about homosexuals. It's hilarious how some people will view homosexuals in a negative light, but say nothing about a hetero couple living together although unmarried. Years ago people would say something about people "shacking up", but nowadays it doesn't raise an eyebrow from anyone with the exception people like JWs or other fundementalists types.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Designs already beat me to the punchline:

Do You Think Anyone Looks Down On People Who Commit "Fornication"?

The person on top.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

We were visiting with a "worldly" couple this week and the chat got around to them worrying about their 16yo grandson and his steady girlfriend. Yep they were worried about what night happen when they were alone. IOW -- they were worried they might not use a condom and she would get knocked up.

That's right........not one thought about any concern that two 16yo are having sex.

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit