Do You Think Anyone Looks Down On People Who Commit "Fornication"?

by minimus 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

No, at least not the person fornicating with you.

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

Let's take this discussion a step further, does anyone look down on someone committing adultery? What are the current standards that you see?

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I don't think too much about fornication, per se. I do consider sleeping around recklessly to be stupid and yes, immoral. There are too many consequences from sex to treat it as mere sport. The hook up culture, picking up people at bars, all the stuff that results in disease and horrible childhoods spent with only one parent (if that) or visits to abortion clinics repeatedly. . . working with women and children, I see too much. I see men with second families, children who don't know their siblings, and in the end, it is usually women who pay for "fornication" socially and economically the most. Physically, too. Whether you believe in a god or in THE God, or NOT, one can deduce why social mores about 'fornication' came about.

Thats my opinion and as I have been guilty of the aforementioned behavior and experienced the consequences and choices of it, I am speakig my own truth and from my own observations doing social work. This hurts women and the children (whether aborted or born) the most. No, children are not an inevitable consequence, but they are quite a natural one!

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Depends on the type of "fornication". If it's the irresponsible type listed in the above post, yeah, I'd look down on those people as needing to have self control and responsibility. If it's the unmarried people in a steady relationship/living together type, then no. If people are responsible and sensible and prepared to deal with consequences rather than killing the baby or neglecting it or having multi baby daddies and mummies and letting their kids grow up to be criminals or bogans...

• Satanus
    Satanus

No, i don't. You can tell me, minnie. I won't tell anybody else.

S

• Oh Gawd
    Oh Gawd

Just curious, what do JWs say about fornication between married couples? Is it just supposed to be missonary get it over with style or is it ok for married couples to get kinky?

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

There's no guideline on that, but married couples are pretty much not supposed to talk about what they do to others. I knew a couple who had handcuffs and blindfolds. Another sister who worked as their cleaner told me when she'd had some loosening juice at a party.

I was married three years ago as a JW, and the JW elder celebrant told us that "what you do in the bedroom is entirely your business".

• tim hooper
    tim hooper

My BIL once started a wedding speech my beginning: "Fornication! Fornication! For an occasion to be succesful we should all have drink to start."

• DJS
    DJS

"Fornication", like many like it, is a word devised and designed by those trying to control normal human behavior. When civilization was beginning, and clans, tribes, sociieties were trying to attain something approaching 'normal' which could better ensure the economic and social welfare of the majority, such things as unwanted pregnancies, etc. were a large burden on the group. That is the only reason such labels were created.

Sex between consenting adults gives me no concern. It is called normal. Sex outside of an agreement, whether legal (marriage) or otherwise, is unethical unless both parties are ok with it. Then it's no one's business but their own. The sooner ex-JWs can leave behind the label making the better they will feel about the world around them.

• piztjw
    piztjw

Just curious, what do JWs say about fornication between married couples? Is it just supposed to be missionary get it over with style or is it ok for married couples to get kinky

It isn't in print, but what I have found is the belief that the ONLY approved method of sex is to be between a married man and woman, only on Tuesday or Thursday night, after 10 P.M., in the missionary position, and using no hands.

Sorry bunch of prudes!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit