• DS211
    DS211

But isnt solomon in the imitate their faith book? Lol

• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe

Marked for later

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

"A sister might attempt to rationalize forming a romantic link that ignores God’s directive to marry “only in the Lord.”

I feel so sorry for the women stuck in this religion!!

• Legacy
    Legacy

@ Truthseekeriam,

"I feel sorry for the women stuck in this religion". So true. I have been there at the hall for a while now. There are so many ladies looking for a mate. The only way you can get one is if you are young, because the young ones hang together or if you bring your own man. Some got married just because...if you see some of the couples in their you wonder to yourself, wow, what did they see in each other. Some are married in name only. There are not too many males attracted to the Truth. Why? How many men do any of us know that would stand on line to be celibate ? Every now & again, the brothers are told to try to appeal to more males. Still men are not attracted to the JW's, maybe only married men, they are safe & can follow the orgs. rules. When a brother comes to talk at Sunday meetings, all the ladies look at the brothers 3rd finger, left hand..100% of the time..they are married. If you are single & in the truth, you better be happy you are single...because that's the way it's going to be.

Legacy

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

Haha...I remember this paragraph from when it was studied at the hall. I voiced to my S.O. that I found the paragraph very odd:

- "marry 'only in the Lord.' (In the Bible)

- "underreport taxable income" (In the Bible ("pay Caesar's things to Caesar...") not only against God's law, but can land you in Federal prison)

- "or tell untruths" (In the Bible and can land you in prison in certain situations)

- "share in extracurricular sports or clubs at school" (Whhaaaaatttt???? Seriously? Lump playing varsity tennis in with cheating on your taxes, lying, and violating a Biblical directive?)

• processor
    processor

Solomon must have used imperfect reasoning to get around what God commanded

Still, he was 'the wisest man who ever lived'. If even HE used imperfect reasoning, what about the GB members then?

See http://dailytext2.wordpress.com/2013/12/11/he-was-wiser-than-any-other-man/ ...

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Great point.

Truly a convoluted text.

In summany, if we follow the example of Solomon, we can have "foreign" wives and leave the "Truth" yet still be blessed by God with wisdom and riches since we are made of dust.

Rub a Dub

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

I imagine those poor writers sitting before a blank page, and having to think up 365 of those gems, must go a bit bonkers after a bit.

They don't have to think of them. They're paragraphs recycled from the previous year's WT study articles. I'm guessing they lay the all the articles out and randomly stick a pin in 365 times. Hey presto, a book of daily texts.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Not completely random. They have more "separation from the world" around Christmas and I am betting, "do more" before the Memorial. Similarly about blood at "blood card" time, reminders to go back to service after vacation, or, heck, skip vacation altogether and pioneer instead.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

That is some bizarre writing for that text.

Let's be honest. Solomon was the wisest man EVER. He knew what to go after: riches, sex, power, etc. He was directly given this wisdom by God. And in the end, Jehovah said that he was bad for being "apostate" and doing all those things. So Jehovah was decisive... and punished Solomon's son.

Bible = The Big Book of Jewish Fables

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit