Governing Body member Sam Heard at our Assembly

by problemaddict 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Samuel Herd: "Oh sister its so good you were able to make it!".......because he is nice and all that. But really, you are disrupting the meeting. It's not like you would be disfellowshipped for being late, but try to show some respect. (He mentioned the joke about being disfellowshipped for beign late twice)

Nothing demonstrates true Christian love (John 13:35) like a little passive-agressive veiled threat!

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

Did anyone raise their hands and ask:

"Hey Sam....how come the angels will sit me next to a woman on a bus to give her comfort, but won't help me make it to the all important meeting on time?"

I honestly want to attend an assembly just to sit and laugh for hours. This stuff is so weird....and yet they all sit there nodding their heads.

• joyfulfader
    joyfulfader

I could not sit through one more assembly. I hope I would not have laughed at the killing part even if I was still in. I remember hearing experiences or anectodal comments when i was still "in" that disturbed me and I wouldn't laugh or clap. There is nothing funny about billions dying. No JW puts a face to those individual 7 billion. They don't picture their niece or nephew or the sweet neighbor who brings soup when they are under the weather bloodied and massacred by a "loving" god. All witnesses see is a mass of Satan worshipping pagans who deserve to die enmass. There is no individualism or emotional connection to the actual people they expect to be destroyed.

• minimus
    minimus

Actually, you see, if a person is not a JW, if they pray, Jehovah doesn't hear it BUT an angel might and if that happens he might try to arrange matters to give help to the heathen.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

problemaddict regarding Samuel Herd: Nice enough gentleman.

Actually no. In fact, not just no, but, "Hell no!"

Even if the only thing I know about Sam Herd is what PA wrote, it'd be enough to know he is a manipulative, controlling bastard. Like many psychopaths, he covers with a certain swarmy "charm," but he is a bastard nonetheless.

First, he says the angels are never wrong. You need their help because you are weak. BTW, don't dare question why the angels are more concerned with your wimpiness in sharing a WTBTS tract with a grieving person than in preventing the death of the poor baby granddaughter that died. Save the child, problem solved. But no, the angels let the kid die so that they can prove what a cowardly wimp you are when it comes to talking about Jehovah. This leads us very nicely to our next point.

Observe how Herd then disses everyone on earth except himself by saying that if JW's would just be "spiritually clean behind the ears," then God could get to the all important business of the genocide of billions of humans, people that, for the most part, have no idea who Jehovah is. The message is unmistakeable: JW's are not good enough. God is only holding back from his pre-meditated mass-murder because His "chosen people, JWs" are not yet good enough. But if they ever do get their act together, then he's going to kill a whole bunch of people that never even heard of him. Yee-haw!

Finally, examine his passive-agressive manipulation of someone with punctuality issues by threatening them with complete social isolation. Talk about a messed up sense of priorities!

Let's get real. This guy is NOT a "nice enough" fellow. He is evil, sick and twisted. The fact that JWs laugh at his disgusting "jokes" only shows how strong the power of mind-control is.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Someone called it passive aggresive. That is spot on. There were a bunch of laughs and people ate it up. I had friends there that aren't exactly model JW's, and one of them got a little upset when I said very tongue in cheek later, "so angels don't make mistakes? Has he ever heard of Satan?"

I was just kind of trying to poke fun, but she did like it, and is not that kind of person. The GB are sacred cows. My wife knew better. When he said Jehovah was thinking "well I don't want to kill all those people" with a laugh and the ENTIRE place laughed right along with them, I could not help the look on my face. My wife did not laugh. I was very proud of her.

I almost met him walking outside while I was "taking a break". I wanted to walk up to him and ask him a few questions. Wish I had written a letter I could give to him or something. But why?

He said the GB basically sit around and compare analogies and illustrations. He even said, "tell me which one you like better" to one particular analogy. It seemed like they were just making it up out of nowhere. I dont remember the details and did not want to take notes.

But yeah......those specific things I wrote are damn near verbatim.

• tinker
    tinker

"Well angels don't make mistakes"

guess he didn't read the part of Genesis where the angels came down to breed with women. If I were a woman, I'd be kinda creeped out to think that angels were listening to my prayers... and watching me in the shower.

Billy, best laugh I've had all day. And Yet! I used to think about that very thing.

about being "late" to meetings. I was habitually late. Gave myself a past because I had 4 children to get ready. I would often send my elder husband off in his own car with the kids that were ready, phew. It was not until I left that I came to understand it was the dread of that boring and arrogant program they put on. I dare not allow myself to think it was Them and not Me. I browbeat myself and tried and tried to be more prompt. I would make one meeting on time and give myself a Attaboy and then return to my old ways.Thank goodness I had a husband who stood up for me when anyone would refer to me as Sister Tardy.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

tinker:

If I were a woman

Aren't you? Do your husband and children know this?

(Ah... you were quoting someone else. That's a relief.)

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Since I posted this, I actually found out a couple people I knew went to this assembly TWICE, because they liked Sam Heards talks so much.

I forgot to mention the first talk was about not being deceived, and included apostate slamming of course.Never defining the word mind you, just an overall anyone that doesn't like what we do=apostate kind fo feel to it.

Someone else I know liked his CO talk so much he is going twice. Something about a talk regarding "fear" being a posative emotion that keeps us in check and in pleasing service to Jehovah?

I still don't get that one.

When the Isrealites saw the washed up bodies of dead egyptians on the shore and the bible says they began to fear the true God, I am wondering if it could be described as "a wholesome fear of displeasing your creator", or just......holy crap i don't want to die!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit