Governing Body member Sam Heard at our Assembly

by problemaddict 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Zoos - "And did he just insinuate that Armageddon hasn't come because the JWs aren't clean enough yet? Not quite ready?"

It's interesting; when authoritarian leaders in the past have indulged in rhetoric about "cleaning", it's usually connected to purges for the sake of ideological purity.

I've long suspected that the GB actually wants to trim down the size of the R&F to a more manageable size and get rid of the fence-sitters, inactives, and JWinos, but at a rate they control so as to reinforce their authority over the remaining die-hards.

They could easily spin the reduction as a fulfillment of the "love of the greater number cooling off" prophecy, and said remaining die-hards would easily accept it.

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

So, humans pray to God directly - but any answers are delivered via switchboard operators (the angels) !?!

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Come on and bring on Armaghedon!! But Jehovah sees we aren't ready and he just says "I don't want to kill all those people" (bro Heard and the entire place laugh while he says this).

It is a typical comment that gets a laugh at an assembly, but really, what a morbid, sick thing to say. Like God doesn't care about having to kill 7 billion, but he will wait another day for some random JW.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Besty - cool clock. It would be interesting to have the population clock ticking over next to a JW clock, to show net additional people born to die at Armageddon.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

problemaddict:

But Jehovah sees we aren't ready and he just says "I don't want to kill all those people" (bro Heard and the entire place laugh while he says this).

That gets a laugh?!

• besty
    besty

@jwfacts - cant be that hard

• Black Man
    Black Man

What mind-numbing brain-dead style anecdotes. And to think I used to lap up these kind of examples that Herd used. And like JWFacts said, what morbidly disturbing examples to use. And the audience laughed............DISTURBING.

• steve2
    steve2

The fundamentalist fascination over the wiping out of billions of nonbelievers and deriving pleasure/humor from the thought is what drives beliefs that, in other contexts, sanctify acts of terrorism. The "fact" that you leave the work of wiping them all out to a powerful being cannot hide the creepy mentality behind it.

• Gayle
    Gayle

However so empty this was!! Of all things in life! Such drudgery!

He prayed for the brothers and sisters in the Phillipines (not the others), and for Mark Sanderson who is there to bring comfort to them. When they announced recently, that the Phillipines, don't need water, food, etc. Empty, empty, empty.

Being late for meetings,, would this be a 'top' issue of Jesus?,, or for anyone that is genuinely trying to help people. (Sounds like being late too many times might call for a JC meeting some day.)

And, comforting anyone who has lost a loved one, well, most people do that,,they just don't throw out the quick fix "soon" card like JWs. Many JWs or ex-JWs have learned, "soon" could actually mean decades later or the rest of their life.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Samuel Herd: "Well angels don't make mistakes."

Really? Where were they when this happened?

Oh, I guess they were checking the local buses looking for JWs that needed to place that tract.

Or why did the angels wait nearly two thousand years to take the account of Jesus and the woman caught in adultery out of the Bible?

Illustrations like this are just Sofa King stew pit, they make me wanna' spit bullets.

Sofa King\

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit