Ever considered joining the Church of Satan?

by J. Hofer 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

every now and then i read up on the church of satan, most of their principles make sense to me, in the end i'm still leaning to a more humanist world view though. what's your view on the church of satan? pragmatic nihilism spiced up with a few funny rituals? dangerous cult?

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

Sounds like it is something that exists just to mock others... they do not even take themselves seriously it seems.

Also, " Anton Szandor LaVey , who was the church's High Priest until his death in 1997. [1] In 2001, Peter H. Gilmore became the high priest, and the church's headquarters were moved to Hell's Kitchen, Manhattan ."

Anything with a high priest and a headquarters no matter how small seems counter-productive. I think you should join the church of J. Hofer

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

The Nine Satanic Sins are regarded as:

1. Stupidity
    2. Pretentiousness
    3. Solipsism
    4. Self-deceit
    5. Herd Conformity
    6. Lack of Perspective
    7. Forgetfulness of Past Orthodoxies
    8. Counterproductive Pride
    9. Lack of Aesthetics
  • J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

since it's only a one time fee of 200$, a membership card would be a nice addition to my spiritual CV.

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

" a nice addition to my spiritual CV"

This is true, I can see it being a great prop aand conversation stopper when JW's visit the door.

• freeflyingfaerie
    freeflyingfaerie

All the time.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

Doesn't make any sense, being that the only information about 'Satan" would have to come from the Hebrew and Greek scriptures, and also from the Quranic verses. All three of these sources are decidedly negative about Satan. Do they have any other historical 'source' of information about Satan? It's right up there with a 'Xenu apologist' Scientology sect. There have to be more intelligent ways to f**k with Christians. By admitting there is a Satan they are acknowledging the existence and heavenly position of God and Jesus, angels and demons.

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

they don't admit there is a satan, in fact they don't believe in anything supernatural.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Sounds like fun to me.

• pronomono
    pronomono

I've considered it. I've downloaded the Satanic Bible for a fun read. I may adopt some of their principles, but I doubt I'd actually ever join.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit