Ever considered joining the Church of Satan?

by J. Hofer 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BackseatDevil
    BackseatDevil

I hadn't thought about them for YEARS until recently when they tried to adopt a highway, abd I remembered about them. AND the promo about 'a better world' was something I could NOT stop laughing at. I tweeted it, seriously. It's the most fantastic thing I've ever seen sober - whatever it was I was seeing.

So when I first left the JWs, I dyed my hair every color Manic Panic produced, painted my fingernails black, wore eyeliner, wrote "666" on my forehead and wore contact lenses that had spirals pictured on them. I was a gothy mess. You know that illustration of holding a spring in your hand and when you let go fast it expodes uncontrollably? THAT WAS ME. I met one guy, his name was Scott and he was also an ex JW and gay as well... he REALLY wanted to send a pic of my EVERYDAY PRESENTATION to my parents LOL.

Sorry, good times.

ANYWAY, I looked into the church of Satan (I also purchased the Anarchist Cookbook - unrelated), and it seemed as surface as everything I was doing. It seemed like it was people acting out, trying to just... shock while still trying to have some form of community. I was already doing that shock and community without Satan... and I think it was after that it sunk in - Satan, as an entity, only exists because "GOD" does. And not even the original god (Jews do not believe in Satan), but a recent forged god of later centuries. I don't believe in god, so worship to the idiological opposite seemed as empty as worshiping god herself... it seemed like a bizarro world of 'exactly the same' routine, just with darker clothing and more candles. It was surface as the Christian counterpart... although the heart of the individual participant can be very very true in both cases.

I never really looked at the religion again until their PSA regarding the adot-a-highway situation they were denied. I can't see where much has changed in 15 years.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Right now there are timid, questioning jws lurking here and freaking out. "OMG it's true, you go off the deep end when you leave the organization."

Hopefully they will keep reading and understand there actually is no Satan and nothing to fear from other beliefs/religions.

• rmt1
    rmt1

Reads like something comical, like the Peanuts / Charlie Brown characters got together over a weekend as jaded adults. The Statements and Sins sound like theatrical expansions on plain "thinking".

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I subscribe to the Joy of Satan, which is similar but believes Satan is our Liberator and had something to do with making the human race what it is. Later, the angels under joke-hova went and ruined everything, first by sending the Jews to conquer the Gentile nations, and then by sending xians to forcibly get everyone into conformity. The Muslims are also a program to lead to damnation, just as the others are. Angels back this, creating movements intended to stifle any other attitudes other than their own. Enslaving and destroying the whole human race is their aim. It was angels that have corrupted human nature to what it is today, complete with counterproductive racial attitudes and crimes.

And, it is angels that attack and harass people for no good reason. Angels attack and then blame Satan for those attacks, to get people to drive Satan away from themselves. And, unlike Satan, the angels will not leave people alone upon request (the worst Satan will do is abandon those whom have rejected Him or that continue practicing Judaism, Christi-SCAM-ity, or Islam or support those foul programs designed to enslave humanity. Satan will not attack anyone for no good reason. That is, unless someone is working to help those enemy angels enslave the world--then they will be punished severely.

In spiritual Satanism, there is just one sin. Stupidity.

• BackseatDevil
    BackseatDevil

@rebel8 just for context, I was a golden boy. I had a massive, overwhelming platform built by myself and those around me that consisted of a structure that would rival the Tower of Babel - a pedestal so high, it actually became an impossibility to see from end to end. I actually had a "deep end" to go over.

Most people... especially regular " timid, questioning" people do not have this construction, so their 'going off the deep end' would consist of much smaller, easier to recover from drop. It is still frightful - whether it's 10 feet in drop or 10,000 feet, one still feels the same scare regardless. But hopefully any timid, questioning Witnesses will note the difference between falling off a rocky cliff and tripping over a stone.

• designs
    designs

More adults celebrate Halloween these days than kids...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit