Number of anointed partakers in new yearbook?

by JWOP 46 Replies latest watchtower bible

• blondie
    blondie

Rattigan, let me say that my motto when I post on here is, "reporting not supporting." You can assume that if the WTS says it, I don't support it, but I do try to report their beliefs as accurately as possible.

• alanv
    alanv

The thing is, the gov body have it covered now if it does go up. They openly say there could be ones who partake who do not fully understand what it means, and that it does not matter if it goes up or down. God knows who the real annointed are!

• InChristAlone
    InChristAlone

Can someone explain to me how there can be 19 million in attendance on Memorial Day and only have 7 or 8 million normally? What am I missing?

• Gayle
    Gayle

a lot of inactive JWs? :) just kidding.

some of their bible students

• JWOP
    JWOP

InChristAlone, the members make it a point to invite non-members to observe the event with them: Non-believing family members, neighbors, friends, and "studies". That jacks the numbers WAYYY up. Since there is no biblical precedent for inviting non-believers to communion, my best guess is that the WT likes to have the numbers padded that way.

• factfinder
    factfinder

I think it is strange that this big upsurge in partakers has been occuring since 2006 or so.

What is different now that more and more partake each year? It had been going down pretty steadily every year till 2006.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

The number of partakers did not significantly decrease for over 40 years, from 1970-2010. But the number of partakers has increased in the past 4-5 years. Just 'replacements' though. Maybe it's just a case of "overlapping" partakers. Just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Whatever the reason for the increasing partakers, it scared the GB sh***less. They were frightned enough to realease several batches of nu-light and a new Memorial outline telling everyone that they had better NOT partake! The HUMAN APOSTATE talk/ hate speech, reviving the spiritual mother teaching..I think this is response to new partakers. That, coupled with time itself exposing the WTBTS's errors is causing the GB to panick and circle the wagons. At least that's how I see it. Ever since the "overlapping" nu-light was released, it seems that the WTBTS's control has been slipping, so they are reacting.

It could have started sooner, but I am not old enough, and have not know TTATT long enough to really say. That is just my personal observation. It seems to me that there has been a HUGE growth in those who realize TTATT in the last 3 years or so..

DD

• steve2
    steve2

The Yearbook for the following year - 2014 - is usually released late December. Then all will be revealed. I suspect the memorial attendance will show decline compared to the peak in 2010, whereas partakers will be bigger than last year.

• Gayle
    Gayle

I wonder why they even 'publish' the partaker numbers if the increasing numbers bothers them? It would seem a good number of active members would be asking them about that by now?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit