Ladies, How Big Is Your Diamond Engagement Ring?

by minimus 40 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

I would hope a diamond was insensible. Otherwise we'd be entering woo territory.

Perhaps we are talking about the sense of buying a big diamond?

• KateWild
    KateWild

I find it interesting how many view diamond bling as being insensible-min

tbh, it's because I don't have anything bigger. If my mum gave me hers, I would wear it I think it's 2.0crt. A big huge dico ball diamond. Likewise I wouldn't want to start off a marriage in debt 2 months just for a diamond. You gotta weigh up the pro's and con's Kate xx

• jgnat
    jgnat

SFPW, might I remind you that Judas was also a fan of the practical application of money. Sometimes it pays to celebrate, to give due honour.

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

No one wants to buy a drill or a power saw, they "want" a hole or a cut board.

No one wants to buy a diamond, they want the receiving mate to think positively about them when they look at the diamond. And they want their friends to think positive thoughts about them when they see the diamond. "Oh,.. her husband must really love her and they must have a great marriage since he spent so much money on her for something that really does not actually benefit the family other than perceived thoughts of love"

Usually it's the rings with owners that are comfortable with just having a diamond, not of any particular size, that is able to endure the storms of marriage.

On the other hand, it's the ones that expect or demand a large rock that have issues before the ink dries on the pre nup.

NJY

• blondie
    blondie

Buy the stone you prefer and can afford

I have a dark blue oval sapphire surrounded by a small diamond insert.

• Adiva
    Adiva

Center stone is 1-1/2 carats. Surrounding bagettes and channel stones bring the total weight to 3 carats. (My husbands' family is in the jewelry business.)

Adiva

• Stealth
    Stealth

First wife's (JW) ring had a 2.25ct round center stone with two gold bands with smaller diamonds flanking it. (Didn't get that in the divorce)

Second wife has a 1.75ct round center stone on a wide band with smaller diamonds around it.

I purchased both used for about 75% to 80% off retail. I would never buy diamonds retail. They don't wear out as long as they are not chipped or cracked. Buy a used one that you like and have it remounted on a new ring.

Personally, I would prefer a smaller stone with better color & sparkel than a larger off color stone.

Don't understand why anyone would pay for a chocolate or colored diamond, but to each their own.

• Stand for Pure Worship
    Stand for Pure Worship

SFPW, might I remind you that Judas was also a fan of the practical application of money. Sometimes it pays to celebrate, to give due honour.

lol, cretin I'll be then I guess.

http://www.jared.com/en/jaredstore/engagement---wedding/neil-lane-bridal-set-1-3-4-ct-tw-diamonds-14k-white-gold-991038009--1/100222/100222.100223.100226

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

I love diamonds, unashamedly lol. I love all jewellery really. Mine is an antique three stone twist, small diamonds set in platinum, but with a lovely sparkle.

Loz x

• minimus
    minimus

Actually, the IPAD changed the word I wrote "unsensible", a Scrabble word , to insensible. And yes, I meant the wearing of showy "bling".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit