Ladies, How Big Is Your Diamond Engagement Ring?

by minimus 40 Replies latest jw friends

• rubadubdub
    rubadubdub

Min, you have a right to your opinion. I was trained to adhere to industry standards by G.I.A.

• minimus
    minimus

to suggest it's unethical is wrong.

• minimus
    minimus

Most retailers purchase diamond earrings by approximate weights. They may sell a .53 pt pair of earrings as half carats total weight. Is that unethical? I don't think so.

• tiki
    tiki

rubies, emeralds, sapphires, tanzanite, jade, amethyst, peridot.....pink sapphire...bloodstone.....no diamond....yet.........engagement ring was amethyst with diamonds......lost long ago...............

i think those over-size diamonds are ostentatious. plus, you have to consider the size of your hands. if they are on the small delicate side, overly big rings look ridiculous.

• Stand for Pure Worship
    Stand for Pure Worship

Very small. Lost in house fire. Next one was just small. I would rather have a down payment on a home.

I wonder at times about folks having extravagant weddings, JWs especially, spending all that money on a wedding and reception. Then the couple months worth of paychecks spent on rings. Makes no sense to me. Seems like that money could go towards something more practical for their future like a home. Their money, their life though and they can do as they please.

• QueenWitch
    QueenWitch

My solitaire is .75 but I wear it with a jacket. Don't know how many carats the jacket is.

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

"4 Cs-- Color, Cut, Clarity and Carat".

I had a ring made for Mrs. Jake and the jeweler said that you don't need the big carrats for the bling, he suggested buying high quality smaller carrat sized diamonds, and making an arrangement of the larger and smaller diamonds. The last ring I bought off the internet and it is around 3.5 total carrats.

• finally awake
    finally awake

I said yes to Just Ron when he presented me with a 25 cent ring from a vending machine. I still have it. Our wedding rings were plain gold bands from a jewelry store's going out of business sale. I would be absolutely terrified to walk around wearing a ring worth 2 month's salary. I haven't worn my wedding ring in over 20 years, I'm just not a jewelry person.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I had an engagement ring with a central ruby and tiny diamonds on each side. I liked it, very pretty.

• minimus
    minimus

i find it interesting how many view diamond bling as being insensible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit