Ladies, How Big Is Your Diamond Engagement Ring?

by minimus 40 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I notice a trend that suggests that many ladies either have a one carat or bigger diamond ring or much smaller if any.

Do you have a diamond ring and if you do, what size carat is it??

• jgnat
    jgnat

Scottish heritage. None. Plain gold band.

• minimus
    minimus

i'm sorry.

• Stand for Pure Worship
    Stand for Pure Worship

Scottish heritage. None. Plain gold band.

I take it he didn't go to Jared's?

• Watkins
    Watkins

Cheap-ass heritage, lol - none. Gold band only. We actually got married with our matching silver and onyx peace-sign rings and got cheap gold bands 5 yrs later. I'll never have a diamond unless I buy one for myself, so... I'll never have one 'cause I'm just too cheap, too! I wouldn't know one from a CZ anyway, so the $$ would be a waste. Someday I'd like to have a nice cz, but not a big one... I think the excessive bling is garrish... but that's just me. Too many people today equate bling with love. Sad, really. I couldn't feel more loved, even if I was dripping with gems. <3

W~

• KateWild
    KateWild

Yes I do its 0.25 carat. It's 15 yrs ols or more and very shiny and sparkly. I think this is a good size, probably a couple of weeks wages is reasonable. Not 2 months, I think thats irresponsible. Kate xx

• jgnat
    jgnat

What's to be sorry about? It's frugal, and it's honorable. The only adornment on my grandmother's gravestone is a thistle. Grandpa flanked it with box hedge, and visited the grave faithfully for their trimming.

• Scully
    Scully

The old fashioned way of deciding how much to pay for an engagement ring was two months' the gentleman's salary. Then it went to three months.

It seems to have evolved into much more than that. Personally, I don't like big flashy or gaudy jewellry - I prefer understated and elegant.

You in the market for one, minimus?

To answer your question, mine is a small cluster, probably no more than 0.2 ct. I love it.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

But doesn't the bigger diamond guarantee a better marriage?

Kim Kardashian 20ct total wt.

• minimus
    minimus

I like big ones for the ladies....that sounds bad. lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit