Richard Dawkins on religion and ethics

by DJS 44 Replies latest watchtower bible

• KateWild
    KateWild

You seem to be be developing quite a "thing" about him?-cliff

I think his teaching methods could be improved, I want to teach my kids about evolution. They will be reading more that just Dawkin's, and I will be critical of his religious idea's when we do.

Kate xx

• cofty
    cofty

Contrast and compare...

Dawkin's it British he has no sympathy for school leavers or university students struggling in this awful economic climate, and declining housing conditons

as I said he had written or said nothing to the effect of "I have no sympathy for......."

• KateWild
    KateWild

But when read in context his words had absolutely nothing at all to do with it.- cofty

So what, I didn't say I had a link or a qoute to prove he has no sympathy. He actions speak louder than his words. He seems right wing to me. But hey so is my dad. I don't have a problem with right wingers

Sam xx

• KateWild
    KateWild

Dawkin's it British he has no sympathy for school leavers or university students struggling in this awful economic climate, and declining housing conditons-kate

Fair comment Cofty. I should have stated it this way.

Dawkin's it British I feel he has no sympathy for school leavers or university students struggling in this awful economic climate, and declining housing conditons, as he doesn't mention these diffculties, but instead focuses more on how much they know about evolution.

Is that better? Kate xx

• cofty
    cofty

He actions speak louder than his words

What actions?

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Personaly, I find the debates by Dawking, or Richie as I call him, very useful. He sits on stage and debates with religious people. He holds them to account for every unfounded statement that is spoken as fact.

I hope he continues to stick his very British nose where it is not welcome.

• KateWild
    KateWild

What actions? - cofty

The OP it shows his arrogance. Where as Einstein was active in the opposite way and was vocal about human suffering. Kate xx

• cofty
    cofty

The OP it shows his arrogance.

By your own admission there is not a single word in the article that showed any lack of sympathy.

Simply becasue he didn't use this interview to highlight social concerns in the UK - a subject he was never asked about - you are accusing him of arrogance. Why?

• KateWild
    KateWild

uneducated churchgoer

• cofty
    cofty

I can't see that phrase in the OP

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit