Dying to Believe

by Watchtower-Free 23 Replies latest watchtower medical

• clarity
    clarity

Does anyone know how we could contact this dear man?

He may have had support a few year ago ...not sure when

this catastrophy went down ... it would be helpful perhaps

to send our fellow feelings to him now.

clarity

• clarity
    clarity

Ahh ..I just found it ...............................................

Lawrence Hughes, 14315 Parkland Blvd. S.E.,

Calgary, AB, Canada T2J 4K3

• rebel8
    rebel8

He has posted on here and you can see his history.

In any case, what happened to his daughter is legitimately horrid. IIRC the mother was in trouble for kidnapping her to take her out of the jurisdiction that ordered treatment. The mother was pursuing treatment for a different disease than the daughter had.

• friendaroonie
    friendaroonie

I know a contingent of people on this site have strongly voiced their opinions of negativity towards Lawrence, how he has handled the case, poor decisions he has made , how he has handled his grief and on and on... some have gotten really personal in their attacks against him etc. I am not s

AYIng this as a counter attack on those persons,I am just laying out the actual history of support but mostly insufficient support we as exjws have given LH overthe years. I think it is time to really dig deep and send this story out into the ethosphere like a flaming viking funeral. Lets support Lawrence, the film makers and most of all Bethany who we can all still hear calling out to us, "dont let it happen to another kid like me...

• clarity
  • eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

One of my best JW friends, Rick, lost his oldest son in a very similar way. His son had aplastic anemia. After his son died, following a very long battle, Rick and I had very long discussion regarding the fact that a blood transfusion was the ONLY and Final option offered by the doctors. His son would no doubt still be alive and 'serving' Jehovah had he taken blood. Rick's entire family are JW's and his son was also a pioneer JW. Rick, unlike Lawrence Hughes, did not publicly protest. However, Rick never recovered from his son's death because he knew that the JW blood policy was just wrong. Whenever we got together after his son died, Rick had many tearful discussions with me. He blamed himself alot for not telling his dying son what he really felt about the stupid blood policy. It was extremely hard to watch my friend so remorseful and sad as he talked about his son. A few years of saddness passed and Rick took his own life. Although I will never know for sure why Rick committed suicide, deep down I do know. I threw away my 'blood card' and have talked to my wife many times about what I will do if I get in Rich's or Lawrence's position.

eyeuse2badub

• KateWild
    KateWild

Gut wrenching, does anyone know how old Bethany was? Kate xx

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

I read in the Daily Mail (a UK newspaper), that the courts in this country were thinking of over ruling the blood issue with JW's. This is in the aftermath of a non-JW mother refusing cancer treatment for her toddler son. This was about a month ago. Has anyone heard anything to this effect here, or across the pond??

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

Has anyone ever conscidered a claim or has that been tried in the past?

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

I remember Bethany Hughes' case.

Simon, Jgnat, anyone in Alberta remember?

It's such a sad story...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit