Goodbye and Thank You Jw Net (Last Post)

by Brother Mike 59 Replies latest jw friends

• Mum
    Mum

Best wishes, Bro Mike. Being a JW works for some people, although I can't imagine why. We'll always be here for you if the time comes that it's not working for you.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

BRO MIKE: Regardless of several views expressed I have decided to stay with what I believe and that is to put my full faith in Jehovah. I'm coming brothers and sisters!

The Blue Pill is the better choice for many people.

Good luck, Mike.

Doc

• Ultimate Axiom
    Ultimate Axiom

Remember, Bro Mike, to be a JW you must not only put your full faith in Jehovah, you must also put your full faith in the Governing Body. You will not be disfellowshipped for lacking faith in Jehovah, but you could very well be for lacking faith in the GB.

• stillin
    stillin

I read this here first, and it seems appropriate:

i would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned

• Ding
    Ding

You said you are going to place your full faith in Jehovah.

Please don't equate that with putting your faith in the Governing Body who claim to be Jehovah's spokesmen.

The two are not the same.

In fact, they are almost opposites.

Either trust God or trust fallible men... but don't do one and think you are doing the other.

• Ultimate Axiom
    Ultimate Axiom

Stillin - I couldn't agree more.

You're probably making the right move. Let the WTBTS do your thinking for you; they're more clever than you could ever imagine!

• Twitch
    Twitch

Don't forget your fish...

• Outgoing454
    Outgoing454

It's sad some weak ones that can't make it in society (socially) fall into groups for comfort, a sense of belonging to something or just people to accept them.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Hey Mike,

Best of wishes to wherever your future endeavors take you. This board, and the people on it, will welcome you back at any time despite the fact you called some of them apostates.

I knew what you comments would be before I even clicked on the thread. The ole "hey thanks for everyone here for showing me the real truth was at the hall all along" thread. We have seen them before.

I think you should take the advise of some here, and read Cris of Conscience by Ray Franz. It is a shockingly honest and peaceful endeavor to share with others that which they rarely see on the inside.

We do not disparage those who feel there is real love in the congregation. There are many many fantastic JW's. Many of them our friends, family, loved ones and mates. Isn't it a shame that simply because any of us no longer believe the GB speaks for God, that they would feel compelled to shun us?

I remember someone here said something I will remember.

"I have no problem with questions I can't answer, my problem is with answers i cannot question."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit