Goodbye and Thank You Jw Net (Last Post)

by Brother Mike 59 Replies latest jw friends

• rebel8
    rebel8

Research 'your' beliefs.

Deliberately consorting with apostates and other demonic folk grieves the spirit, meaning you must pay the wage of sin.

So if you believe this, you are expecting Jehovah to execute you at Armageddon, probably in a horrific manner, only to resurrect you later.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

This is my last post as well. We had our C.O visit last night. I was so encouraged by being informed that Jehovah would kill me for not turning in a field service report, that I just had to admit that JWs have " THE TRUTH."

Farewell!!

DD

• Captain Blithering
    Captain Blithering

HAhAhA DATA-DOG!!

Seriously BroMike, I was shocked when I first came on here, I suspect it's cos we're so cossetted as JW's, every conversation must be positive, no swearing is ever allowed, we must always tread the middle of the road, not holding any extremes of viewpoints, and always meet others in the middle, trying to see their viewpoint.

The world just isn't like that, people DO hold extreme viewpoints, these viewpoints may differ from ours, and what's more, they may be RIGHT!

I feel that in the org, personalities are dumbed down in a way, we all have to conform to a bland shade of grey, so when we associate with the normal people the contrast is far more visible. It's shocking at first, but you DO get used to it, and start to enjoy the RANGE of people on here!

Celebrate the differences dude!

All the best

the cowardly cap'n

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Be careful my love. The people in the KH only love and accept you if you do what you're supposed to do. That is NOT real love. I found this out and it was a VERY painful lesson. I walked away and you would be too.

Take care X

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

“One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we’ve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It’s simply too painful to acknowledge, even to ourselves, that we’ve been taken. Once you give a charlatan power over you, you almost never get it back.” Carl Sagan

Check out this video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLOxgkTnLb0

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

My theory on why he is going back.

I found it interesting that looking at posts when this forum first began, it seemed most of the ex jw's here still had faith. They were free from the controlling society and had spiritual freedom and hope.

It doesn't seem like too many go directly from JW to athiest.

So I can imagine active JW's coming to this board, and not seeing too much of those who still have belief in God, it's much more athiests, and they are like hell no. They thought the JW's might have not been teaching the full truth and coming here to find out and see if there is a better path where they still have believe in God and a hope, AND THERE IS, most good christian churches which give freedom and have a lot more love and association then the KH, but the athiests scare them right back in.

There may be some who go directly from JW to athiest, but if most of you didn't, keep that in mind when active jw's come here and they are in a fragile state.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Brother Mike, for some reason, I sense that you are searching. I left this info on another one of your posts. I was in class 119 at Gilead in 2005. I am one of 56 students in the 1/1/06 WT on the Gilead Graduation.

I say this because it was at Gilead that I finally put all the pieces together. I had access to every single book, and finally allowed myself to be honest with me. My strong gut feeling is, the part of you that is trying to be honest is battling with the part of you that has been trained to disregard anything critical of JW's.

Please excuse some of the comments directed toward you. You have to understand, there has been real abuse done to most of us here, and you have to expect some negative feelings about that. It wasn't a "test". It was real abuse.

I would be happy to answer any questions. PM me. Like I said before, I won't lie to you, I won't sugar coat the truth, and what you do with it is up to you. I won't chase you, but I do think its fair that you consider all the facts before running back.

Do what you need to do and best of luck on your journey!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Well, it that's true, then Atheists on this board are partially responsible for the WTBTS's continued success. We should all think about that when we are tempted to belittle someone. I know it's hard not to be bitter sometimes. It's hard not to lose our patience with newbies who spout WT articles as "truth" to support their arguments. If we don't start being a little nicer, we may be sending them right back to the BORG. Is that what we want?

'How to rescue your loved ones from the Watchtower' is a great book. I am going to work really hard on implementing some of the ideas presented. Nothing is accomplished by pushing someone back to the WT. Then again, you can't save 'em all...

DD

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

DD, for a long time, I wanted to moderate the arguments that eventually ensued here. Waste of time. No one can really expect people who have been traumatized and hurt by the Borg to not lash out, and I certainly don't expect someone who comes on here with doubts to just suddenly run away from the Borg.

The mind is our greatest ally, and greatest enemy. To change ones thinking is the hardest thing to do, that is why JW's are still around. The leadership knows to feed the mind of their flock with garbage at a rapid rate, and they will stay, either because they want to, or because of the fatigue at the thought of leaving.

It is what it is.

• Emery
    Emery

If you need a friend or have any questions feel free to private message me here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit