Why is JW Net so hostile? Is it just me?

by Brother Mike 41 Replies latest jw friends

• DS211
    DS211

Brother mike you really need to be deprogrammed again mate...:-(

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Brother Mike, hostility is part of life. Just take a look at the old-testament - or Hebrew scriptures if you prefer. The most hostile character is called Jehovah. He makes the Devil look cuddly.

Fortunately I don’t believe such an invisible monster ever existed. If you are worried about Armageddon - don’t be. If there is an Armageddon it will be man’s doing. Please don’t let invisible bogey men keep you awake at night or cause you to waste your life in a discredited organization such as the Watchtower Society. You are worth more than that.

• rmt1
    rmt1

"You are worth more than that." Agreed. The courage to walk onto a board like this is evidence of good, strong working material. Software needs replaced/patched/upgraded. There's no geek squad for that.

• TD
    TD
    Why can't I say something without someone immature trying to be a smart ass or trying to fight everything I say and use it against me? Comments welcome.

You toss around the nastiest, most vile pejorative in the JW vernacular and then wonder at the reaction you get?

Really?

• BU2B
    BU2B

Boy this thread about hostility is getting pretty hostile methinks.

People get hostile when they are accused of being hostile!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I'd just like to state for the record that I'm just here for the free hors d'oeuvres.

I'd like to institute a Buy One Get One Free for all pints of draft beer & ale to go with the free hors d'oeuvres.

Are you old enough to drink, Mike? I'm buying!

Doc

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

Maybe you don't realize this is the main site on the internet for critics of the Watchtower

to interact.

13 yrs on the net

4.2 Million posts

10s of thousands of members

Many many active and former

Elders

Pioneers

Gilead

Bethelites

• Suraj Khan
    Suraj Khan

I'd like to institute a Buy One Get One Free for all pints of draft beer & ale to go with the free hors d'oeuvres.

I'm not such a beer guy. Now, buy one get one bottle of Islay single malt...then we can talk.

• Simon
    Simon

Brother Mike: I think it's because you are insulting people, spewing blind propaganda without any reasoning to back it up and generally acting like a over-zealous unthinking JW and most of us know we no longer have to tollerate the small minded attitude that seems to be so common whenever people like you pop up.

• Emery
    Emery

Mike, you're coming to a free thought forum with a closed minded attitude. There is a wide range of diversity here from athiests to Christians but we all for the most part respect one another. If you have any questions please feel free to PM me and I can help.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit