Why is JW Net so hostile? Is it just me?

by Brother Mike 41 Replies latest jw friends

• MysticMage
    MysticMage

I don't know. I have been having a lot of fun here so far.

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

Brother Mike, I dunno your story — are you a teenager? Younger maybe? You sound awfully young...
    Easily shocked yet on a site clearly against your convictions.... trying to understand.

• rmt1
    rmt1

I recently had an encounter with a Ptolemy who had a yard stick for his deferents and a sticker pack of epicycles. (He is in a science degree and in a fraternity.) Every allusion that went over his head, every word that exceeded his vocabulary, was an irregularity or peculiarity denoting a pretension and a misunderstanding. Ptolemies are flummoxed by things that do not apparently center on them or on their world view. The problem is fixed, with some difficulty, by assigning a number of epicycles to those peculiarities that dare refrain from genuflecting to the inviolate stranglehold on reality, ontology and purpose at the center of their system.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi Brother Mike, JWN is not a KH. JWN members do have opinions, they will write them to you, and it is very difficult to gossip behind your back on JWN. After a few heated threads, you will learn how to avoid conflicts or to at least filter out comments that you do not like. Everyone on JWN is at a different phase of healing from the WTBTS's BITE control.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Suraj Khan
    Suraj Khan

I'd just like to state for the record that I'm just here for the free hors d'oeuvres.

• steve2
    steve2

Hi Mike I don't know your background but empathize with your reaction. Sometimes the reaction we get is more understandable once we put ourselves in others's shoes. It might lead us to writing in a more helpful way that enables readers to see and benefit from tne worthy ideas we are trying to express.Even the GB appear to give some thought to how they word articles.

Hope this helps you understand at least a liitle more about the reaction you sometimes get from others. Best, steve

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

Hostile?

May the peace that comes from loving cheeses be with you my brother.

Cheeses - Never one to let hostilities get in the way of a good fight.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I've seen other people say that they felt attacked. Sometimes I think it's a misunderstanding, some people are just mean, some people think they are funny and they are not and some people are just dumb.

There have been times when something was said to me and I felt hurt.

There will be 20 positive posts and one negative post. Why did the one bad post affect me more then the all the good ones?
    Now I see that the one that bothered me taught me something about myself.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Mike, many posters can be blunt and rude, but many can be loving and caring. Some are both! Pick your topics well, and open up as to why you are here and what you personally need from the forum.

Kate xx

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

Hi Bro Mike

I've been told I'm a mysoginist & immature because some readers misunderstood a post of mine.

You've got to be tough to post on any forum as some will fire back at you pretty damn quick.

It should be expected.

Overall I'm sure being on JWN will be a positive experience for you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit