Interview with an Apostate: OnTheWayOut

by OnTheWayOut 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

What a pleasant thought. Gifting someone for getting through the shortest sunlight hours of the year.

Lol Works for me.

LoisLane

• cofty
    cofty

Excellent OTWO thank you.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

My mother joined the frenzy when the end of the world was coming in 1975.

Yep. My mom too.

Thanks for posting this.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Your story and the fact that you still have family in that you care about is difficult for me to read. I wish for you personally a life free from that bitterness, and that you can be a light to your family. :)

• crmsicl
    crmsicl

I always enjoy your posts and your outlook OTWO.

His book is a great read.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Lois Lane, thanks. No "Christians" in my life really care why they exchange gifts, only that they must. So Winter Solstice works.

Cofty, thanks. I look forward to reading one of these from you.

Dazed, so we have that in common. 1975 was a huge success for such a failure.

AllTimeJeff, great wishes I hope I am a recipient of. Family is very important to me.

Crmsicl, thanks a bunch. I am glad you enjoyed the book.

• KateWild
    KateWild

OTWO,

Thanks for a lovely read. It made me laugh when I read the point about the CO beign scared and the COs wife doing a grab and run. Thanks for all your help on this site. you have helped me loads. It's nice to get to know you better

Kate xx

• pixel
    pixel

Thanks for sharing.

• cantleave
    cantleave

I don’t think that activism really works. It might be good for the ex-JW, but I think the JW sees it as the persecution that Watchtower “prophesied” about, so it can strengthen their resolve.

Agreed!

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

OTWO - great phrase you had in the army about Birthdays and an irony indeed. Nice to know that meeting up with the ex-JW community has been good for you - certainly a recommendation for others. Many thanks

mmxiv

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit