Hi! Long time lurker finally signing up!

by LosingMyReligion 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Slave4_38y
    Slave4_38y

Hi LMR! I enjoyed your post immensely.

Splash - The journey out of the JW's is a tough one and a long one, but once you see through all of the lies, it's a journey you have to take.

Might I add Splash: It’s a journey you WANT to take. 

cultBgone - We are all unique but we've all been scarred to some degree by the jdub religion, so we're united like a huge extended family.

HERE I met my real brothers and sisters.

7Starz - Oh, they would like us to just disappear, but here we are together helping each other day by day.

You’ll find more love here in a single day than eternity in a kingdumbhell. We’re here to learn, to grow, to support each other. There’s no rank, no ladder to climb, no one to impress. Just love and understanding born out of years of sharing the same guilt, pain and mind deadening brainwashing.   

• kairos
    kairos

Welcome. This site has helped so many of us.

We're on this trip together.

• LosingMyReligion
    LosingMyReligion

Yes, actually when I was a teenager i considered REM as one of my favourite bands. I had a bad concience for liking the song "losing my religion" 

Are you an REM fan?

• LosingMyReligion
    LosingMyReligion
    neverendingjourney -

We all go through our own journey in discovering where we fall on these questions, but let me suggest that an unfiltered view of the universe actually reveals a considerable amount of evidence of a chaos, randomness and disorder.  As witnesses we were selectively taught examples that might suggest design while ignoring everything else.  There's a considerable amount of literature on this topic as well as good scientific documentaries if you, like me, prefer documentaries over books.

Best of luck to you.

Thank you! Do you have any documentaries you would recommend to explain these concepts in a way that makes it understandable for someone who is not well educated in science? I have found listening to Dawkins as an example to be sometimes difficult to understand as I am not familiar with all the things he is referring to.
  • neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney
    Do you have any documentaries you would recommend to explain these concepts in a way that makes it understandable for someone who is not well educated in science? 

Although it's a bit dated, I would highly recommend the original version of Cosmos by Carl Sagan.  Sagan had a real gift for putting complicated scientific concepts in terms the common man could understand.

It was once available on Netflix.  If it's no longer on their streaming catalog, it might be on youtube.

• Samaritan At the Well
    Samaritan At the Well

Welcome to the board, it feels good to post for the first time doesn't it.  You will find much comfort being able to share your feelings with others that feel the same way you do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit