Hi! Long time lurker finally signing up!

by LosingMyReligion 35 Replies latest jw friends

• One Last Kiss
    One Last Kiss

Hi LMR, great to read your first post! 

The fact that you came here for the occasional KM and weren't 'ensnared' by hideous venom spitting apostates, but were later driven back by the organisation's own twisted teachings fascinates me, as I did the same. It's not 'apostate lies' that WT fear us reading on the interwebs, it's well-researched facts and flawless reasoning! 

Slowly acclimatising to life without a JW belief system is a humbling experience, you seem calm and collected about taking your time with new ideas, which is a super healthy attitude to have :)

All the best in your journey!

One Last Kiss x

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen
    Welcome LoosingMyReligion, The more you read here the more variety in posters you will observe. Now that I have met a number of ex JW's I realize that most of the ones who left Watchtower were true believers who now realize their whole life has been dedicated to a lie. Some are dealing with spouses or children still-in who shun them or worse. This tends to be crazy making. You bay be surprised how much dignity and wisdom can be found here as well. 
  • cultBgone
    cultBgone

LMR, welcome to the site and congratulations on awakening to TTATT.  When I was first fading, this site seemed pretty hardcore and I found it difficult to enjoy.  I still have those days when I just shake my head and close the screen, but now I just attribute it to a few wacky or outspoken posters, not to a bunch of crazy apostates.   We are all unique but we've all been scarred to some degree by the jdub religion, so we're united like a huge extended family. 

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Its amazing the knowledge that is now at ones finger tips because of the Internet. Welcome to your freedom. 
  • PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Hellow and welcome. Love your point about creation and whoever or whatever is behind it leaving a book for only a select few...with that thought of intelligent design, the book itself is extremely archaic.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Welcome to this forum!

Eden

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD
    Welcome to this enlighten group of people.  If you want to know about where the christian faith really came from I would recommend reading the book "The Jesus Mysteries Was the "Original Jesus" A Pagan God?"  written by Timothy Freke and Peter Gandy.  It's a real eye opener.  Again it is good to have you on board.  Take Care.  Still Totally ADD
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Welcome!

Most of us here in this great community stumbled in here and have found it to be a refreshing oasis as we discovered the truth about the truth .

It is great to have your company! 

• Oubliette
    Oubliette
    Welcome to the rest of your life!
  • jhine
    jhine

Welcome ,     as a neverajw Anglican I have a different perspective than many on the forum . My advice now would be keep researching everything . Look at both sides of any reasoning or argument . Take your time This is an important and exciting part of your life , enjoy it .

Jan 

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit