Hi! Long time lurker finally signing up!

by LosingMyReligion 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Jaidubdub
    Jaidubdub
    Welcome LMR...
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Welcome to the forum, LMR. My WTF moment came with the generation change of 1995, nearly a whole generation (normal definition) earlier than yours. 

Stick around - everyone's entitled to have opinions and sensibly voice them on this forum. 

• LosingMyReligion
    LosingMyReligion

Thanks for the warm welcome! You really have a great community going here, and I find it both educational and encouraging to be able to learn from everyone elses experiences and perspectives.

I appreciate all the kind words and friendly guidances as to further expand my horizon. :)

• KateWild
    KateWild

Welcome and thanks for telling us what you're awake moment was.

Kate xx

• Simon
    Simon
    It's always interesting seeing what the initial "spark" is for different people. Those who have been out longer sometimes forget that the latest doctrine changes and flip-flops will create new waves of leavers who figure out that far from being some inspired and spiritual organization, it's just a bunch of old guys who cluelessly an endlessly make things up to try and explain why the previous inventions didn't pan out.
  • neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney
    I feel that the complexity and the order of everything in the universe is a sign of a plan, or order if you like. 

We all go through our own journey in discovering where we fall on these questions, but let me suggest that an unfiltered view of the universe actually reveals a considerable amount of evidence of a chaos, randomness and disorder.  As witnesses we were selectively taught examples that might suggest design while ignoring everything else.  There's a considerable amount of literature on this topic as well as good scientific documentaries if you, like me, prefer documentaries over books.

Best of luck to you.

• cofty
    cofty

Hi LosingmyReligion. Thaks for sharing your story and welcome to JWN.

Giving up the idea of paradise, resurrection and a God to fix all our problems was hard.

I agree with that. It takes time to adjust to the reality of our mortality.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    LosingmyReligion - "Giving up the idea of paradise, resurrection and a God to fix all our problems was hard."

I can relate... with me, it was distressing that the WS had it all wrong, when I'd been conditioned from childhood to believe that they had it right.

Are you an REM fan?

• clarity
    clarity

Great to have you on here LMR......... all the best to you!

Finally seeing what & who is behind this high control cult was an amazing discovery!  I felt like a bit of a dope tho, that I didn't catch on sooner.

A clip from this experience........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZR64EF3OpA

clarity 

• 7Starz
    7Starz

When you finally realize that most of what you had been taught was false and you wake up to the lie; you have to pinch yourself to see if your dreaming.  Then you wonder, how you could have been fooled when the answers were right in front of you.  Next you wonder if you're deceiving yourself and if you may start thinking you are the one with the problem.

Never wonder that!  When others try to impose their will on you, do not give in. 

It brings to mind the line in the poem by Welsh poet Dylan Thomas: "Do not go gentle into that good night.

Oh, they would like us to just disappear, but here we are together helping each other day by day.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit