Tonites bookstudy

by Leander 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

And we think JWs are gullible. . .

• dmouse
    dmouse

Of course you do realise, six, that you may have inadvertently introduced a new JW urban legend into the pot?

I mean, Johnny JW Lurker may have only caught the first few replies and is busy spreading this story amongst the congregations as we speak; building everybody’s faith in Jehovah’s wonderful Organisation.

And we all know that once there these legends get dug in deeper than an Alabama tick.

Tut tut.

• DB
    DB

Nice one six, lol....I figured that if such an event really took place in 1919, the jws would pounce on such a thing and shout it from the rooftops at every opportunity....good laugh you gave me, lol.

• Matty
    Matty

The Isaiah book is preposterous. The stuff read last night (I was reader!) was extraordinary.

I think we are trained to believe stuff without checking it out, thinking "The GB looked into it, so thats good enough for me". I'm as guilty as hell for this. This kinda thing does make you think.

Oh, by the way I found this great way to find out Hotmail passwords!

Never mind...

• Perry
    Perry

Nice one old friend! I can just see you mumbling that legend among a group of Witnesses at a Dallas party and then simply walking away. You have always cracked me up.

Hope you're doing well!

• worf
    worf

Leander,

Interesting post about the Isaiah book. I have book 1 and book 2.
    One of the most ridiculous things about this book is that there are times when it claims that ancient isreal represents modern day christendom.And then at other times it claims that other nations of the world represent modern day christendom.
    This is so ridiculous and the sad thing is that the average j-dumb will just sit there and listen to that garbage and will not see the obvious contradictions.
    Really God-inspired writing huh?

worf(warrior class)

• cain
    cain

hello leander, yea what a pain that BullSh*t is/was!

here's something else to contemplate during the next book study:

i remember reading in "in search of christian feedom"

(can't quote you the page for a few reasons:

1) the book is really thick
    2) the index is not the best

but most importantly,
    3) i really couldn't give a f**k anymore )

where RF enlightens us with the real reason we forced to undergo multiple re-visits/re-reads to such inanities as the isiah book -

old inventory (ie. those stoooopid books like the isiah book etc ) were taking up space in the warehouse at brooklyn and the GB needed to clear it to make way for more new stooopid books

what better way to accomplish this than under the guise of "proper food at the proper time" - i'm almost vomiting as i find myself typing this

apparently they figured that in the time between the last reading of the crap at the book study and the revisit to it second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh etc time round

a whole new bunch of j-dumbs would have come on board who would have to buy it + existing j-dumbs who had lost their old copies and so on and so forth would have to repurchase

- easy way to get rid of a few thousand pallets of old surplus STOCK without even trying lol

or better still - double combination it - make the old books that are taking up space in the brooklyn warehouse the book for the book study PLUS the offer for the month

didnt we all feel good offering such incomprehensible nonsense at the doors?

i feel such remorse and shame

god bless you leander

cain

ps. i'm sure others here would remember this from "in search of christian freedom" and can let us know the page number - thnx

"yesterday is gone, and tomorrow may not be mine, so help me sweet jesus, live one day at a time"

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

This is why I love the WTS so much. Lets look at how they translated IS 25:6

(A)Jehovah of armies will certainly make for all the peoples, in this mountain, a banquet of well-oiled dishes, a banquet of wine kept on the dregs, of well-oiled dishes filled with marrow, of wine kept on the dregs, filtered"

Now, lets see that in contemporary English.

(B) On this mountain* the Lord of hosts will provide for all peoples a feast of rich food and choice wines, juicy, rich food and pure, choice wines."
    *{the MOUNTAIN is Zion, or the temple mount}New American Bible[/QUOTE}

And just for grins and giggles, lets see how the Jews themselves translate this
    [QUOTE](C)The Lord of Hosts will make on this mount* for all the peoples a banquet of rich viands, a banquet of choice wines, of rich viands seasoned with marrow of choice wines well refined."
    {Here mount is said to mean all of the Holy Land} THE TANAKH

For those of you gramatically challenged, viands means "Choice morsel of food. Yep, I looked it up in Websters.

Now then which of the three sounds most invitingto you, A), B), or C)?
    (B) sounds most inviting to me, but (C) is the most accurate translation. To me (A) sounds like I'm eating greasy food and the dregs of the wine barrell. How the heck does RICH FOOD become "WELL OILED" to the WTS?
    SHEESH KIDS< GET A CLUE

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• ronin1
    ronin1

Hey Worf:

Sorry I cannot converse on the bookstudy materials. I have not gone to a book study in over a year and I refuse to read anymore of the Borg/Org so-called new light in the form of a prophecy.

Give me a call or e-mail.

Ronin1

• Imbue
    Imbue

LMAO @ Six

"Not part of the inner circle class"-Larc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit