Loss of a loved one

by KateWild 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• KateWild
    KateWild

Yeah I've had a lot to deal with lately. I also lost my Auntie this summer, and today was when all the will got finalised. It brought back my loss.

I wonder what the future hold's deep down I know she is gone. I lost my uncle (her husband) 10 years ago to Lukemia. I miss them, they were always kind, but showed a genuine interest.

I remember debating with my uncle about the ressurection, and Armaggedon, he kept telling me I was in a CULT, turns out he was right and I won't get to say to him or my auntie, "See I was right, you are in Paradise"

I don't think I will ever get to see them again, people matter, what good is money or posessions without people that are interested in you as an individual?

What has happend to our lost loved ones? Do you think we will be re-united with them?

Sam xx

• Over%forme
    Over%forme

Sorry for your loss.

No I don't thing we

will be reunited with our loved ones.

It would be nice if I was wrong.

• KateWild
    KateWild

It would be nice if I was wrong.-Over%forme

I agree it would be, but I lived with false hopes for so long. I am not prepared to be mislead again. It hurts though, especially since I have lost many of my JW friends too.

Thanks for your post

Sam xx

• tec
    tec

I am sorry that today has brought your loss back to you, Sam.

But do not worry that just because the wts messed up 'paradise earth' with two hopes and such. There is a Kingdom of God, as well as a resurrection. You do not need to give up your hope to see them again.

They sound lovely, Sam, and it is good that you had them. I am sure your uncle would just be happy to know that you managed to break free of the cult.

Peace to you,

tammy

• tec
    tec

If you cannot put hope in more than this life right now, because I can understand how you might not be ready to even begin to think about such things yet, then perhaps concentrate on what you had with them when they were alive. Share some of them with us if you like. That helps sometimes too.

peace,

tammy

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

SAM - the reality is that most people in every religion trust their 'leaders' to some extent. Sadly within the Org, that trust is almost total amongst most of the Witnesses. However, I detect a growing feeling amongst some that their trust is no longer what it used to be. Discontent with all the changes is creating an apathetic attitude and some just appear to be on 'auto-pilot'!

The bottom line is that our faith should not be based on any men or organization based in the US of A. But that's what most of us have done. And now the WTBTS propanda machine is actually demanding this loyalty to them - otherwise we are going down at Armageddon!

So we are left with the free-will to decide which 'road' in life we will take - secular, or spiritual.

I believe what I have personally studied and meditated on, (not the literature!) and I trust it. It's the people who twist it to fit an agenda that I don't trust!

Brother Rutherford uttered one categorical truth - Religion is a snare and a racket!

Faith & worship cost nothing. The difficult thing will be, finding like-minded associates, or at least people who won't mock/criticise your opinions.

I wish you true peace on your road.

• Quandry
    Quandry

So sorry to hear of your loss. I hope we will be together with them in the future.

• Captain Blithering
    Captain Blithering

If there is a god then I believe he must have some sort of after party planned. If not then tough. Either way, if people are important to us NOW, show them that NOW. Sorry for your loss ms.Wild.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

For me, being a born in JW for so long, with all that that entails... I realize now that the teachings of JW.ORG keep their members busy, depressed and constantly worried... With the 'promised' 'hope' of something 'better' in their future. Because of JW.ORG WT/GB teachings, I have not made good choices for my life. I served them, not me.

Understanding TTATT has made me understand what 'Life' is all about.

In a nutshell... Children. Grandchildren. Loved ones. Leaving something 'good' behind when we die.

I have no Grandchildren. It doesn't matter what my blood line is, on both sides of my family. What have I done to perpetuate the next generation?

I want there to be something more after we die. Billions of people believe in an afterlife. Other billions do not. Nobody knows for sure and most people are in no hurry to find out.

The WT/GB JW.ORG beliefs are outrageously seductive... to innocent people, easily conned. Who wouldn't want to live forever? No healthy person wants to die. Have all your relatives from centuries past resurrected? And you get to hug them and be with them? Learn their stories, first hand? Sounds fantastic! I was so, looking forward to this promised by WT, great party, and what a party, that would be.

Lies. All lies. Built on 'possible' 'possibly' 'maybe' 'apparently' or JW.ORG being frank and saying, "Believe what we say, give us your money, your life, and we will give you a big fantasy to dream on for your future. If you will not take our abuse, and what we make up as flip/flop 'truths' you can go to he$$ and we will make sure no one, not even your own family will talk to you ever again. We have the power, because we say so'.

I am strong. I do not need a sugary coated belief in a made up paradise on earth, petting zoo, fruit platter, extravaganza.

I am strong. I do not need a belief of flying around with feathery white wings, playing a harp.

I am strong enough to wish it but I am strong minded enough to realize the futility of those beliefs.

Some people need to hang on to something as they slide into 'the night'.

We are all different and that is alright.

LoisLane

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Do you think we will be re-united with them?

KateWild, there is no evidence that anyone has every reported back about how the afterlife really is.

I am very sorry for your loss. I am pretty confident that we have this life only.

People live on for you in your cherished memories. You will live on in someone's cherished memories.

So make the best of the time you have with those you care about, and remember your aunt and uncle.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit