Hello...Hello...Hello (cont) #3

by Prisca 97 Replies latest social relationships

• larc
    larc

Lurker,

You didn't get burned last year. You are not burned until you withdraw the money at a loss. Out of the last ten years, there have only been two down years. You have to play for the long term averages. With dollar cost averaging, there is no long term problem. By the way, I don't think you should buy individual stocks. Do the research and find a good mutual fund. Look at the top 100 listed in money magazine, I think in the June or July issue of last year. I was happy to find that my three funds were on the list.

• larc
    larc

Lurker,

I also found most of the sisters to be pretty shallow. My wife was an exception. Your comment about "cute and perky" is interesting. Cute and perky lasts for a few years, but intelligence lasts a life time. Well, you might find someone at a JW convention or you might find her at work, or at the local library, but believe me, you will find her.

Not all wordly girls are wordly, and not all Witness girls are pristine.

• larc
    larc

Lurker,

I really do understand your two concerns about your parents. The first, being their reaction when you leave the religion. It broke my mother's heart when I did, but I had no other choice. I simply, couldn't live that life any more. A lot of JWs believe that we leave for perverse reasons. That is simply not true in my case or yours or many others here. We left because we simply couldn't believe it any more. It would have been nice if we could have stayed, but we simply couldn't.

The othe real concern for your parents is their retirement years and how that will play out. You won't know until they get there, and then, like all things in life, you will have to deal with it as best you know how.

Well, no one knows how things will turn out, but the odds are in your favor.

God bless you.

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Hi Lurker,
    Not to be nosy or anything. But I just felt I needed to speak up. I married a JW the first time around. And I (on the other side of the coin) feel the same way about JW men as you do about JW women. So many of them are intimidated by an intelligent women. It seems like as soon as they realize there is intelligence, they run as hard as they can the other way. The men tend to shy away from any intelligent conversation with women. This was very frustrating to me. I was raised in a household with a father and three younger brothers, so I was used to intellectual sparring with men and women alike, as my mother was also in the picture.
    When I got married I expected to have that same privilege. But it definitely did not work out that way. Not only was it very lacking in any communication but he was abusive. When I stopped going to the meetings a couple of years ago, I began dating "worldly men". There were some who were intimidated by intelligence, but there were others who were very open to discussion. Last April, I met an outstanding man, who truly is my soul mate in every way. We talk constantly about anything and everything. It has brought such joy and vigor to my life. When we get home from work the evenings just fly by.
    I truly hope you can find a woman who will meet your criteria. As Larc said cute and perky might last awhile but in the long run a meeting of the minds is so important. I hope you will consider looking outside the org. There are people out there looking for a real and meaningful relationship. I know because my husband and I were two of them. My husband is Thinker, BTW.
    Good luck and may all your dreams come true.
    You picked a good friend in Larc. He is a very intelligent and honest person from what I have seen of his posts. He also has some wonderful insight. I guess from age and experience. I hope that my husband and I will have what he and Zazu have after 37 years. I feel confident we will. And I would love for my husband to say what he said about Zazu about me!!
    TW

• mommy
    mommy

Larc, and Lurker,
    I didn't want to reply earlier because your conversation was like a tennis match and I was watching as the ball went back and forth. I was so touched by your ability to converse.(if that makes since) I felt if I did post it would interupt. But TW again said what I wanted to convey! Thanx TW
    BTW-I too love what Larc says about Zazu. My favorite is,"I never had a boring conversaton with my wife" Now after 37 years all I can say is WOW But knowing Zazu the little I know her, I can see why!
    wendy

• trevor
    trevor

Hello,

I have not yet commented on this thread before, because there have been so many wonderful and inspiring stories I felt there was no more to add. You have all said so much, so well and so movingly.

I was raised a Witness by die-hard parents who were incapable of giving or receiving love. I was a pioneer at 15. Left home at 17. Escaped from the tower at 30. I have been free for 15 years and can walk in the sunshine and be proud to be a survivor. Never been happier - still married to my sweetheart for 18 years. Originally found her at the back of a kingdom hall looking for love.

A big -THANK YOU- to Simon who made this forum possible.

Trevor

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Trevor,
    Glad you shared. And congrats on finding and staying with your Sweetie. Ain't life grand!!
    TW

• LDH
    LDH

well, I will take the time to write my story tho most of you know it.

CurlyQ, Alias, Lurker, and all of the others who shared your story, it's a great feeling to know you can live your own life and make your own choices, ain't it?

And as for truth_hurts, I know the secret, but I'm not sharing! ;)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit