Hello...Hello...Hello (cont) #3

by Prisca 97 Replies latest social relationships

• Prisca
    Prisca

Well someone had to do it, so it might as well be prim & proper Prisca to do the honors in the Sex forum.....

This thread is for all newbies to introduce yourselves. Whatever you feel happy to reveal about yourself. Don't worry what others will think about you - we'll let you know soon enough!

A Little About Me (in case anyone's wondering)... Born and raised a JW. 3rd generation, daughter of a former elder. Mother died from cancer when I was 11, several years later my father married Cinderella's step-mother. (I can really relate to that story!) I was kicked out of home by them, despite this I got baptised 6 mths later. Strong JW in every way until I started to have questions and saw things in the cong that resembled the Pharisees of Jesus' day. Gradually faded away from witnessing and meetings, final meeting was the Memorial of last year. Apart from a few "sheperding" visits(read : "go to the meetings or you'll die at the Big A"), no help from any of my so-called "friends" in the cong. Anyway, I am making the best of the situation but glad to have done what I've done.

OK... NEXT !!

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Prisca,

A quick thank you for continuing the Sex Forum Hello Tradition

Dan Quayleextending his hand during a campaign stop at Hardee's): "I'm Dan Quayle. Who are you?"

Woman: "I'm your Secret Service agent."

I will leave now for the newbies - extending a Hello? Hello? Hello?

waiting

Edited by - waiting on 13 February 2001 18:33:3

• Simon
    Simon

I think you've frightened them off...!
    Have to make do with me instead, lol. My short bio:
    Raised a JW. Father Df'd & moved to Canada. Told not to talk to him by elders. Had apostate written on my car and lots of other crap. Didn't talk to him. Got married. Had 2 kids. Did research. Dicovered the baloney. Talked to dad. Mother, sisters don't talk to me. Suffer lits of slander and gossip (they are ringing other congregations and our relatives to spread it!). Happier then I've ever been. Going to visit dad again with family soon. Met my half-sister and her family in Canada. Want to do something to help others, hence this forum. Nice finding friends to talk to.
    My life in a minute...

• logical
  • DriveslikeJehu
    DriveslikeJehu

Okay, I guess I'll finally go.

I was born in 1980, and raised in the organization. Amazingly, my parents became witnesses in 1975(yeah, yeah, I know about all the hooplah that year). Dad's been an elder for quite a while, now. He's the po for the cong, and the co for the city we live in. Mom's been a reg. pioneer since um...'87, I think. I keep forgetting. Grrr. No other relatives are witnesses, but when my grandmothers come to visit, they still go to the meetings with us(haven't been here in a while, though).
    I dedicated my life to Jehovah by water baptism in 1992(Halloween, no less!), and was appointed as a ministerial servant in 1998. Right now, I've been handling the sound system operation and the accounts(temporarily). The elders tell me how much they appreciate the work I do, and that means a lot coming from them. Sometimes, I thought they just tolerated me because I was 'The PO's son.'hehe I've even gotten to conduct the bookstudy(it's held at our home) a couple of times, while my dad was out of town. Yep, still active too. Stop laughing at me![8>] Hoping to give my first symposium talk soon.

• zev
    zev

hmmmm...
    So this is the place to blurt out about yourself huh?

Ok...without divulging to much...

:-)

Cant say born, but raised anyway in the "truth". Out of my family,
    I think I could safely say the only one regularly attending.
    Married, {still} was m/servant decided wasn't for me, {along with a couple other reasons} stepped down. {That story will put grins on alot of faces, I'll post it at a more appropriate time :-) } Have heard of these "boards" and as always, following the "advice" of the f&d slave, stayed away. But after a very good friend {a sweetheart and she posts here also, known her all my life} turned me onto a couple of things, I started looking at what y'all had to say. Now I scratch my head and start to think.... Have I been so blind as to not see the obvious? I have to say the reason I started to even look further into what these boards were discussing, had to do with child molestation, and the "cover ups". I read some things and thought...is this really happening? Is this possible? Not being an elder, I really don't know much about what goes on behind those closed doors and what gets accomplished. But rest assured, if I EVER suspected or thought for any reason a sexual deviant was present and doing nasty things to children in my congregation, even though I'm low in the ranks, {very low, almost nonexistant} I would be screaming, demanding something be done. I would not sit still for a minute. I'd call the police. I'd get involved. All you have to do is turn the authorities onto something, they can take it the rest of the way. Sorry I'm ranting. It just really upsets me that this is happening in this organization. So thats why I'm here. thats how I got here, and sorry about any misspellings. I look foward to making new friends here, and I also welcome the new ones as they have so warmly welcomed me.

zev

__

Edited by - zev on 14 February 2001 20:29:14

• waiting
    waiting

Yo Zev,

My daughter was one of those children molested by a ministerial servant, who was also raping his own lovely daughter. A messy story, but it was not handled well by the two congregations involved. They buried it - he was called Brother ......... till the day he died, in good standing. My daughter and his daughter were df'd, as they, like most rape victims, later acted inappropriately.

And I was strongly counseled to be quiet for the good of the congregation. Not upbuilding for the brothers & sisters to hear these things, now is it? I did report it to the police, btw. And wrote the WTBTS. zip.

Nice to meet you. A lot of us come here for a variety of reasons. It helps.

waiting

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Welcome Zev! Don't know how I missed you before. Rest assured some of these cases of rape/molestation are true. Happened to me when I was seventeen. (a ministerial servant/annoited, young 30)
    Glad to hear you would take a stand!
    TW

• mommy
    mommy

Driveslikejehu,
    Hello son just a few questions if you don't mind....

I was born in 1980

I dedicated my life to Jehovah by water baptism in 1992

You dedicated yourLIFE to Jehovah at the tender age of 12? Did your parents think it was ok for you to be married at this time as well? Able to take on the emotional, financial burden associated with it too? I bet you had the other little 12 year olds lined up waiting to get married too didn't you?

Yep, still active too. Stop laughing at me

I am not laughing, really! My heart breaks for you it does. You have been given ONE road to follow, the one you are expected to do. I appreciate you being open and honest about your feelings, and do welcome any posts you may have in the futureIt is just that alot of things you have said, sound hollow. Don't get me wrong but maybe if you reread what you wrote, and try to look at it from another point of view you will see what I mean. You obviously know the that most of us here are exjws, so what is the point of you coming if you are still active. Not that you aren't welcome! Geez I can't get my foot out of my mouth! I hope you understand what I am asking and don't take it as a kiss off. Can't wait to hear more from you
    PS let me know when your driving the roads around NC ok? heehee
    wendy

• DriveslikeJehu
    DriveslikeJehu

Hi Mommy!

You dedicated yourLIFE to Jehovah at the tender age of 12?

Uh-huh.

Did your parents think it was ok for you to be married at this time as well? Able to take on the emotional, financial burden associated with it too?

No, baptism and marriage are quite different. I'll admit there are some emotional burdens, but what financial burdens are there? I spend much less money than if I smoked or did drugs, for example. I look at Bible principles as a protection from the troubles that I see other youths getting into. Recently, a fellow I went to high school with was sent to jail for a cross burning. Another one had a short jail term for helping to steal firearms from a friend's father and sell them in another state. It's my humble opinion that Bible principles help keep me out of situations like those.
    But back OT...yes, my parents respected my decision to serve Jehovah for life, and are proud that I have lived up to that commitment thus far(As am I. it's been a tough, but worthwhile road.). And as for real marriage, no. I'm still single. I'm in college right now(yeah, yeah, I know about that issue too), and I want to wait until I'm done.

I bet you had the other little 12 year olds lined up waiting to get married too didn't you?

You meant 'baptized,' right? Actually, no. Most were baptized before I was, and are still doing quite well. One is now serving in the Dominican Republic(she had to learn Spanish.hehe), and her older brother is now a reg. pioneer. And if you meant real marriage, I didn't even know what the legal age for marriage was back then.hehe

I guess I just come here because I feel like talking sometimes. That's all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit