Hello...Hello...Hello (cont) #3

by Prisca 97 Replies latest social relationships

• circare
    circare

Now normie67 of course Simon's place is better than the others! Did you expect us to say something different?

I really feel for you normie. I think you are in a very hard place, in life at the moment. I hope you can continue to visit and that the posts and company here help you to ultimately achieve some comfort and inner peace. Likewise for expat, CP, and Nik. We hope you can visit often.

Well that goes for all the new folks!! Let's see that's DLJ, zev, arch, alias, Moridin, siveld and Dbear. Have I missed anyone?

P.S. Hi mgm, I haven't seen you around for a while. Sorry for the difficult times you are going through now.

• TruthHurts
    TruthHurts

Hi, Im TruthHurts. Im not really from Russia. Im not saying where I am from.

This is by far the best DB for JW's. It contains some real useful information. Amongst some total crap I might add.

I used to believe in the WTS but now I dont. I discovered the truth about them.

I also have a secret... which I am not going to let on yet... unless someone guesses it correctly and asks me. I wont lie.

• Uni girl
    Uni girl

Hi everyone,

It's so good that you are all so encouraging to each other, I think that is so important.

Ex-patriot- I think that maybe fading away is the best way, I went out like a bullet and it caused so much personal pain. i found that generally speaking that those who fade don't get shunned, people see them as fallen away and try encouragement rather than disapproval.
    It's one of the hardest things I ever had to do, to walk away, but it is BRILLIANT out of it, once you can get over the guilt.
    I live in the UK and still within the territory of my former cong. I see it as a positive thing as I have seen so many go back cos they were shunned and I can lhold my head up cos I did nothing wrong, just decided to choose life. I stand in the playground with former friends and I feel sorry for them cos I know that they are miserable cos they were already before I left and nothing has changed for them, not even there clothes!!
    I hope all goes well for you and your family
    Take care

• Uni girl
    Uni girl

Hi everyone,

It's so good that you are all so encouraging to each other, I think that is so important.

Ex-patriot- I think that maybe fading away is the best way, I went out like a bullet and it caused so much personal pain. i found that generally speaking that those who fade don't get shunned, people see them as fallen away and try encouragement rather than disapproval.
    It's one of the hardest things I ever had to do, to walk away, but it is BRILLIANT out of it, once you can get over the guilt.
    I live in the UK and still within the territory of my former cong. I see it as a positive thing as I have seen so many go back cos they were shunned and I can lhold my head up cos I did nothing wrong, just decided to choose life. I stand in the playground with former friends and I feel sorry for them cos I know that they are miserable cos they were already before I left and nothing has changed for them, not even there clothes!!
    I hope all goes well for you and your family
    Take care

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Welcome Normie,
    Sounds like you have a tough thing to deal with. This is the place to air your feelings. Been a life saver for me.
    TW

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Circare,
    Glad to hear from you. Tried to chat with you once. But wasn't working properly.
    TW

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

TH,
    Never tell a woman you have a secret. You're killing me here.
    TW

• CPiolo
    CPiolo

I just wanted to thank all those that responded to my post: Larc's, RHW, Grunt, and Thinkers Wife. Your kind words and encouragement are a help. I have spent the past couple years investigating not only the WT, but the process of being indoctrinated into such groups, the effects this has upon the individual, and what can be done. As you almost all pointed out, it requires patience above all, love, kindess, and understanding. I do my best to try and be all those things. I don't always succeed, but I try, and I don't confront my wife about her religious beliefs anymore. There remains some anger, but it's pretty well under control.

Thanks again,
    CPiolo

• normie67
    normie67

thanks for the reply to my post. I believe I am at the crossroads in my life....figuring everything out ya know!!!Kind of difficult to do with the pressure to remain a JW!!That whole College softening stance they took, REALLY hammered me!Boy talk about being ANGRY, I don't know if any remembers the Watchtower Study, but it killed me!!Here I was posterboy for not going to College but to Pioneer in all those Dramas, because Society at that time said it was wrong!!Struggling to find decent employment that paid well. Then lo and behold that Watchtower article!!!And to top it off, here recently at our SpecialAssy Day, they had a sister on Stage telling how she went to College(2 year prog)and how she balanced everything!!!!!!!!!The Society endorsing College from the Stage!!!!!!!!I could not believe it!!!
    Oh well thats just one of the many things that has cause some anxiety!!
    normie

• larc
    larc

normie,

One thing you might consider doing is taking some evening college classes. It will improve your resume and give you an excuse to miss some meetings. Also, even the most boring college class is more interesting than another Watchtower study.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit