" the universe made itself " but---

by prologos 111 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Witness My Fury
  • KateWild
    KateWild

WMF, thats a copout unless you wrote the article. I asked for your opinion. My opinions are valid. If you disagree explain why.

Come on have a conversation with me Love Kate xx

• KateWild
    KateWild

So BEFoRE the universe was created by God, you think God evolved from the matter that made up the universe he hadnt yet created?-WMF

Ooops didn't see this post. You are putting words into my mouth, this is all circular reasoning. No I don't think that.

This is what I think............

I actually think God evolved gradually over billions of years before he was evolved enough to create the universe and everything in it. Kate xx

It's not the same. Not from matter that made up the universe at all. From speculatable matter that is different in nature to the matter that made up the universe. Abiogeneisis is unconfirmed speculation, the formation of racemic and homochiral streo isomers is unknown. There is no proof either way. I sit on the side of God because it's more logical to me.

Kate xx

• rawe
    rawe

Hi KateWild,

"I actually think God evolved gradually over billions of years before he was evolved enough to create the universe and everything in it. Kate xx"

Origin of the universe is complicated by the fact that time itself is a product of this event. Thus from inside the universe it makes no sense to talk about anything "before."

Cheers,

-Randy

• KateWild
    KateWild

Origin of the universe is complicated - Randy

That is exactly why many of us still believe in God. Because each time we question, why or how? The answers just become increasingly complex.

Knowing that we have unanswered questions, can help us enqire more, or be satisfied with our belief system based on the fact we don't have all the facts.

What do you think Randy? Is my point clear?

Kate xx

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Kate, define Universe.

• KateWild
    KateWild

WMF, Why?

• rawe
    rawe

Hi KateWild,

"That is exactly why many of us still believe in God. Because each time we question, why or how? The answers just become increasingly complex."

As an atheist, I believe God exists, but only within the mind of the believer. On the other hand, to believe God exists, is undetectable by normal means of measurement, and yet proactively interacts with our world to work out his purpose... actually means, nothing can be known, even in principal. In other words, we may think the sky is blue, but it could just be God fooling us, if such satisifies his purpose.

God is also, as a concept, the opposite of what we've discovered so far. That is physical processes, in particular biological evolution, have built up complexity over time. There is no indication of super-complexity (i.e. God) being at the start point.

Cheers,

-Randy

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

You appear to use it arbitrarily...

• KateWild
    KateWild

Infinity is an abstract concept. I am making a higher order abstraction. When I say God evolved over billions of years before he created the universe. We get to a point when we know all we can know about the facts and then we make higher order abstractions. It is not filling in the gaps at all it is more like adding up the facts we have and seeing which is more proabable.

WMF, I asked you to explain why in your own words you think my explaination is not valid. Please explain.

Kate xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit