Survey: Who Here Believe In God/The Bible? Who Are Not Sure? Who Do Not Believe?

by minimus 99 Replies latest jw friends

• Ding
    Ding

I still believe in God, Christ, and the Bible but not the GB or the WT version of Christianity.

• tec
    tec

A spirit medium claims to receive messages from somebody who has died but who is alive in the spirit.

Who cares what 'some' spirit medium might claim? That is not what a spirit medium IS. You can look up the definitions too... except that the facts don't fit your claims.

BUT THIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT YOU!

Then don't make it about me. I answered the op same as anyone else. Never argued with any posts that came before mine; just left people to answer the questions. It is you guys who cannot do the same as to me.

Peace,

tammy

• cofty
    cofty

Who cares what 'some' spirit medium might claim?

Who cares what you claim?

You both make exactly the same claim - you are both charlatans.

• tec
    tec

Who cares what you claim?

You do, apparently. But anyone can test what I claim against Christ and what is written, and against the examples of those who belonged to him from what is written. I test what you say others claim against the actual definitions... and they don't match up.

But this conversation has been done more then once, and YOU have derailed threads by continuing it on any thread that I simply post an answer to the OP... so I am once again going to have to ignore you, just to keep the thread from BEING about me.

Peace,

tammy

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Tammy, don't play the 'poor little girl being picked on' card.

You often criticise the historicity and inspiration of scripture on here and you have categorically stated you do not believe the Bible can be trusted (thus harming fellow Christian's faith in the Bible), but if it weren't for those very scriptures you wouldn't even know that Christ existed. You have no reliable foundation for your knowledge of Jesus if you reject the Bible's historicity. Knowing the paradox this puts you in, you therefore continually defer to this mysterious 'Spirit' you describe that speaks to you. What is this 'Spirit' you speak of? How do you 'hear' it?

Do you believe that the gospels are reliable, historical and accurate accounts of the life and ministry of Jesus or do you not??

• Patrick45
    Patrick45

Consider the reality of evil in many parts of politics, entertainment ... Devil worshippers and mediums give the proof of the existence of a supernatural world. Even if the faith based person might not have things moving around or other very tangible phenomenons, the fact that the anointing gives power to overcome the flesh is a great mystery both to those who live it and those who see it too. I am pro-God with every fibre of myself. Its mainly religions fault that people turn away from the idea that there is a good and loving God above us. I can assure you, there is! But in no way he imposes himself on us. Its a free choice to reach out for him.

• cofty
    cofty

Devil worshippers and mediums give the proof of the existence of a supernatural world

Oh silly me not to think of that.

Do Harry Potter fans give proof of the existence of Hogwarts?

the fact that the anointing gives power to overcome the flesh is a great mystery both to those who live it and those who see it too.

Muslims can also give testimony of transformed lives. Allahu Akbar!

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

I believe in God and the Bible. I don't think that God cares about us and I am tired of the Bible.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

...Devil worshippers and mediums give the proof of the existence of a supernatural world.

How exactly?

How does merely worshipping the 'Devil' prove God's existence? Can you name a confirmed 'devil worshipper' please. Does Marilyn Manson prove God's existence?

Edgar Cayce and Ruth Nelson, two examples of very prominent spirit mediums, gave numerous failed predictions. How does this give the proof of a supernatural world?

If you've personally had some supernatural 'anointing' or other experience that has convinced you of the supernatural can you please tell us more about it, I'm genuinely curious about this subject?

• tec
    tec

Tammy, don't play the 'poor little girl being picked on' card.

There is no 'poor little girl' on the other end of your screen. Speaking as to the truth of what other people do does not equal playing the poor little girl being picked on card.

You often criticise the historicity and inspiration of scripture on here and you have categorically stated you do not believe the Bible can be trusted (thus harming fellow Christian's faith in the Bible), but if it weren't for those very scriptures you wouldn't even know that Christ existed. You have no reliable foundation for your knowledge of Jesus if you reject the Bible's historicity. Knowing the paradox this puts you in, you therefore continually defer to this mysterious 'Spirit' you describe that speaks to you. What is this 'Spirit' you speak of? How do you 'hear' it?

I have an entire thread that is dedictated to how one hears the Spirit... who is Christ. I would be surprised to find that you did not comment on it, but perhaps you did not see it. I believe it was the last thread that i started. And I am sure that there are threads that I and others have made regarding the bible and its inerrancy.

Just because something is not inerrant... does not mean that it is useless. It just means that it is not perfect. The bible is a finger pointing to the moon... not the moon itself.

You read that bible... it concludes with Christ being the one who reveals His Father; and Christ being the one that God told us to listen to. So at the very least, anything written in that book regarding Christ and his words and deeds, is the truth, and all else must be tested against Him.

In any case, I may have missed it, but I don't think there were any believers answering the OP questions, and arguing against the atheist answers. But rather the other way around. I could have missed it. But it is the same thing on the forum. The thread where someone asks believers who they maintained their faith... those answers MUST be argued against by certain anti-theists. In fact the first response on that thread was BY an anti-theist. So far I have not seen theists jumping on the thread that asks athesits to give their best argument against theism. (It will probably happen at some point, lol) Just an interesting observation.

(edited to add... that op just invited other theists to join in, so that is different, lol)

Peace,

tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit