'Anointeds' Do you know any and if so what are they like ?

by Introvert 2 59 Replies latest jw experiences

• RoyalFlushPhil
    RoyalFlushPhil

All but one of the Anointed JWs were mentally ill, we had a 19 year old who was a unofficial Special Pioneer getting (160 hours in Field Service), she counted time leaving her house by finding someone to talk with, got her two gallons of gas placing a tract with the gasoline attendant. She worked 40 hours a week and at the Kingdom Hall her comments were totally freaky.

We had "anointed" men and women below the age of forty who were totally stuck and some were really shy! Just something to think about, the shy JWs were not very spiritual, they never spoke to anyone except turning in their hours. Weird group of people who are suppose to be full of the Spirit!

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    35 years ago, I was a kid and I think most of the (then) old people counted themselves as such. We had quite a few and the ladies I knew were nice old ladies. Normal, nice old ladies. Except the dark horse who was premenopausal and kind of a high stressed kind of woman (hadn't had work done but had that stretched/stressed kind of face). She was my friends mom and was a cold woman. Nice elder husband, two nice kids, but she was ice. They remodeled the house for an elderly relative of hers to move in the garage and never visited her, never talked about her. One day, the garage was a rec room and there was never a mention of the aunt. It was the strangest thing. . . I always wondered about that. But,they got a new rec room out of it. . .
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

I knew an anointed man in the 1970s who was in his forties. Some of the elders questioned his status but that was a common attitude to have with the post 1935 anointed.

He was normal though a tiny bit odd when you spoke to him at length. I once asked him how he knew he was anointed. He explained to me how as a child he knew he was different. He said he could feel the Earth rotating under his feet.

He was the life of the party and was very popular with the Witnesses. He would have a party at a restaurant after the Memorial with a lot of people attending. Once he got a bill for $144 and he made a big deal about it.

He wasn't nice to his wife though; he always treated her disrespectfully even though she was a wonderful woman so it was inevitable that they would later divorce. He died in his mid 50s.

• Floodguy
    Floodguy

Before we get too carried away with the whole "all you need is faith in Jesus" to be anointed, take a look at what HE said, and his 12 apostles. Not Paul. Anything he said merely served to undermine Jesus message. "Observe my commandments continually". His brother James said faith without works is dead. So all JWs are taught that the "works" are doing the bidding of the WTS. Wrong. The works is the act of observing his commandments. What were they? The Ten Commandments! Also he said to feed the poor, look after each other, the widows and fatherless boys.

In Matthew 5 he says "anyone breaking the least of these commandments and teaching others to that effect, will be considered least in the kingdom of heaven". When was the last time a jw observed the Sabbath? Never. Because they're taught it's unimportant. It's the "least" of the commandments.

If you really want to do the right thing in his eyes, and maybe receive the promise, start right there.

Unless you're an atheist, then this is all just stupid. Just bear this in mind; any country that tried to govern itself in opposition to those commandments fared badly. Think Hitler and Stalin. Those who kept them as a backbone tended to do well. That's no coincidence.

• apostrate
    apostrate

Brother Jeramy,

"For starters, the preaching work is a commission from Christ, not the Watchtower Society."

The commission work from Christ does not mean selling magazines door to door at your own expense and turning over all money taken in to a man made organization. The WT Society does this by means of coercion.

What you are really saying is that you are comfortable with it. You know that it is not right, you know that it is not true, but you are comfortable with it. You have friends here, you may have family here, who cares if it is true or not? It fits you like an old, worn, comfortable shirt.

I have talked to Catholics who share your same sentiments.

• Chook
    Chook

The crazy thing is that the magic seven are so mad crazy they would fit in here better than heaven with their collective brain power

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

There was one in the congregation i grew up in. Nice enough fella, except it hit the roof once when he was on platform mic duty and during the meeting the speak asked me sitting in the front row if i'd adjust his mic for him because he knocked it. I did. The "anointed" brother on mic duty marched up to me, put his face in front of mine and said something like "next time ASK ME to do it, it's like a slap in the face you taking over my job!".

Another one was my ex-girlfriends dad. Only problem was sometimes he thought he was anointed, other times he didnt. So every so often he wouldnt take the bread and wine and then next time he would again.

• yodastar
    yodastar

Just come back to the site after a while. Interesting post and yes the simple humans I have meet who thought that they were one of a select group who get to rule over us were indeed simple and I just don't get why they would think that they would be any good at ruling anyone but hey the Big J chose them.

I have to say though - every time I read a post from the brother Jeremy I cringe!

Seriously Jeremy, I don't get it, you go out in the field service, no doubt put your homework in on time, probably stand up and do prayers and talks - the whole none yards yet you say you are into the BigJ not the borg but they are one and the same.

I'm going to send you the bill for the thousand's of dollars I spent correcting my brain after years of doing the same as you are now! I don't get why you would come here and defend an organization like this, you may say you disagree with the borg but still want to represent God door to door but you are still doing it under the umbrella of this cult, that's right it is a CULT no matter what you say. You are not the only saved one's, you are simply wrong.

Again I don't get why you would want to use this site to bear witness? - to what? Now that's the real question

• Introvert 2
    Introvert 2

Been a year since I posted this, am now DA'ed and have read numerous 'apostate' books and love being in the VAA ! Made numerous FB friends and am now halfway through Poul B's book 'Judgment Day Must Wait' Those managers in Brooklyn have used the bait and switch all along starting mostly in the Rutherford era. AS for the so called 'anointed' there are all kinds, some are company men and some seem honest hearted and are trying to do what seems right and proper to them. Live and let live I'm very ok with that.

As for Brother Jeramy he is totally MIA and last I heard is either DA'ed or DF'ed and was going to a Greek Orthodox Church. His web sites / blog were sold to a fellow G.O. church member of his and I have not been able to contact him despite a handful of attempts.

Time heals all.

• yodastar
    yodastar

Time does heal. Thanks for the update introvert2, keep up the good work in your world. Cheers

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit