'Anointeds' Do you know any and if so what are they like ?

by Introvert 2 59 Replies latest jw experiences

• Introvert 2
    Introvert 2

Would like to hear about any experiences anyone has had with the so called ' Anointed '

• John Aquila
    John Aquila
    I've known several. The older one (about 70s) was arrogant, haughty, and condescending with everyone, he is dead now. The younger one (about 25, is easy to get along with, nice and recently married a hot Asian girl) So I guess it's just like anything else, some are crazy to the max and some are nice and easy to get alone type of people. The only difference is they want to go to heaven and rule.
  • Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

I'm a 3rd generation JW of 50+ years (inactive)

The ones I've known were either

Crazy or

real Crazy

The other subset is schemers like the Governing Body claiming it

to advance in the Borganization

• disillusioned 2
    disillusioned 2
    I knew two years ago. One was a married brother who ended up divorcing his wife because it turned out he was homosexual! He got disfellowshipped. The other was a woman who had five children, she stayed one for some years then changed her mind. Her husband was an elder and none of their children stayed in 'the truth'.
  • paulmolark
    paulmolark

I have known quite a few. Not including those at bethel.

One was barely sane and killed her husband. She was a whack job. I am not kidding.

one was a pioneer sister humble as could be, very caring and I think she was a really good person.

the other wore fishnet stockings and only came to the memorial. All of them in New Jersey

• Introvert 2
    Introvert 2

Not surprised at any of this, thought it would make for a good post. I studied with one, super nice guy but a little slow about everything asides from GB teachings, a real company man. I knew something was off at first but kept it to myself. In the end I learnt a lot about human nature and psychology through observation and trial and error. It was a very hard but needed life lesson for me. I survived and still love the brothers not the Borg.

I would chance to say all anointeds I've met lack balance to a greater degree than the R&F

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100
    I knew one personally she was a bit crazy and could hardly see. She used to read the publications with glasses on and the publications about two inches from her face. She had a drop dead gorgeous daughter who I was pressured to go on a date with (supervised of course). All the young brothers would have crawled bare naked through a mile of broken glass just to get her attention but I was really starting to think and I guess I was smart enough then to not get mixed up with her.
  • millie210
    millie210

I knew/know of 3

One from my childhood that was a sweet little old man.

The other one is strange and has been seen hanging out in gay bars in the city.

The third was a young woman, very stylish who married a guy who is now a Circuit Overseer serving somewhere in Florida I think.

Imagine, a C.O. and his anointed wife - who ranks higher? LOL

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I have know several in my life - all dead now. One gentleman was kind and extremely humble. He would be the person you would want to be ruling in heaven. My father made a point for his children (including me) to meet a few very old anointed sisters that were friends of the family. At the time I enjoyed the conversation and saw no reason to question their faith.

I also knew an anointed who was a closet gay arse hole of whom I have reason to believe preyed on innocent young boys - inside and outside the congregation.

• Brother Jeramy
    Brother Jeramy
    I've personally known two who've laid claim to WTS "anointedness." Like everyone else, they were ordinary folks, decent people, loved Jehovah, loved the brothers and sisters. One, a much older woman who died some years ago, comes to mind as particularly quirky. Very sweet, great sense of humor, we all loved her dearly. But quirky. All in all, though, regular people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit