GODS NAME...Respectfully Address God

by Solace 43 Replies latest members adult

• SYN
    SYN

Well, glad that's cleared up, then! Seeya...I'm going to bed!

"Until they become conscious, they will never rebel. Until they rebel, they will never become conscious." - George Orwell

• Bona Dea
    Bona Dea

Great thread!! And I totally agree with most of the comments. I'm basically replying so that I can bookmark it and come back and read again ...

"Half the world is composed of idiots, the other half of people clever enough to take indecent advantage of them."
    -Walter Kerr

• Solace
    Solace

Hi SYN,

You know how I feel about you!
    I welcome you anytime.
    I could never judge you!
    Everyone has every right to believe anything they desire.
    I value that freedom very much.
    As long as you arent forcing it on anyone or condemning people to a cruel death if they arent in total complience.

LittleToe,
    Hey there Friend.
    I also believe that humans couldnt completely comprehend something so above us. You have made some valid points.

"I believe that God is the highest category of spirit life".
    "I don't believe God is a man".

I agree.

God speaking to us?
    Thats interesting.
    I do know one thing. When I was a witness, I felt empty spiritually. Always striving, never content or at peace with myself or people in general. When I stopped praying to "Jehovah" and started praying for "GOD" to come into my heart and help me know the truth, things became clearer. I read the bible and actually understood it without a watchtower. I became more positive in general and twards people, not just witnesses. I realized that everyone is equal and deserving of life and of Gods love.
    All of a sudden I just knew it. Like for real, in my heart.
    Maybe if we open our minds and hearts, God enters and if not, maybe God doesnt. I dont think that means we should lose all sense of reality and blindly follow an organization without question though. I believe that we are givin common sense for a reason too.

• Solace
    Solace

Billygoat,
    Yours and Littletoes comments on you addressing your "actual" father made me think of something.
    The fact that I never knew my father and never addressed anyone as "father" might have something to do my sensitivity to this subject.
    What you mentioned about intimacy also caught my attention.
    My husbands family is Catholic and although some of their prayers seem rehearsed etc. they always feel very repectful.

• Farkel
    Farkel

: I believe "in Gods name" means what God stands for, his good name and reputation.

If human's knowing God's name was so important for him he would have worked a little hard to let us know exactly what it is. He didn't.

If you pray to "The Creator" and there is only one Creator and that Creator actually listens to your prayers, I would suspect your prayer would not go to the wrong address.

The fact that Jesus in his model prayer used the expression about our Father in heaven and didn't (even in the NWT) use the name "Jehovah" or any other personal name should tell Christians that knowing God's exact name ain't all that. What was God's name before he created anything? Did have have one? If so, why? Did he talk to himself?

Farkel

• Solace
    Solace

Farkel,

Have I told you lately that I love you?

Have I told you theres no one else above you?

To all who contributed,
    I know this is very personal so I wanted to thank all of you for being openly honest and sharing your beliefs. Its so nice not to talk to a wall all the time ya' know?

• Yadira Angelini
    Yadira Angelini

((((((((((((((((HEAVEN)))))))))))))))))), MOM.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Have I told everyone recently that I love them all, too?
    This is a great place to be, even when it hots up

Thanks for a great thread, Heaven.
    I also agree with your comments.
    While I believe it is possible to understand (to a degree) and conceptualize "God", I think it is impossible to totally comprehend Him.

• Solace
    Solace

Awww,
    Littletoe
    "Have I told everyone recently that I love them all, too"?

You just did!

Group hug!!!!!!!

SYN, behave yourself now, just a "friendly" hug.

Bona Dea, Billy & Yadira
    sniff, sniff, now wheres those tissues.

Gotta run for a sec,
    My sons watering the plants and he doesnt know which ones are artificial..
    Really......

• 2SYN
    2SYN

I hate behaving myself! It's so bloody restrictive!

"Until they become conscious, they will never rebel. Until they rebel, they will never become conscious." - George Orwell

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit