So what if they were wrong?

by DS211 35 Replies latest watchtower bible

• DS211
    DS211

This is a reply ireceived from a poster on another forum.

"Actually the vast majority of interpretations of prophecy are absolutely spot on.

People harp on over this and that that was wrong 50 years ago, but today Jehovah's Witnesses have all the Bible's prophecies pretty much figured out in their entirety.

People forget that for ever line the haters quote that turned out to be wrong there was an entire magazine full of other stuff that was completely correct."

what shall we make of this

• Satanus
    Satanus

Off hand, i can't think of any prophecies they got right. I believe rusell said that israel would be reestablished. However the wt dropped that from its list.

S

• DS211
    DS211

Lets stick with the last 50 years....like 1975? Lol oooooooops. i think this person is saying that theyve fixed it in the last 50 years or so....how about 1975? Generation change? FDS change?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

People forget that for ever line the haters quote that turned out to be wrong

there was an entire magazine full of other stuff that was completely correct."

So the WBT$ must have a lot of Magazines that were correct..

No doubt they`re locked away and heavily guarded because..

Nobody can find them..

............................... photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• pronomono
    pronomono

Of course they seem spot on, until another 10 years pass and they are replaced by New light.

• smiddy
    smiddy

DS211

"Actually the vast majority of interpretations of prophecy are absolutely spot on.

Can you name and quantify the vast majority of interpretations of prophecy that are absolutely spot on ? Please do so , that we can all go back to the kingdom hall . Do this for me and I will be the first to go back,repent my sins to the elders , and sit at the back of the kingdom hall for a year , not speaking to any of loving brothers and sisters less I contaminate them.

smiddy

• sspo
    sspo

King of the North and South ???

• Hortenzie
    Hortenzie

"Actually the vast majority of interpretations of prophecy are absolutely spot on." - Yeah, but the spots are changing time and again.

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

but today Jehovah's Witnesses have all the Bible's prophecies pretty much figured out in their entirety.

You may want to point out that if 607BCE is wrong (it is) then *whoosh* the whole lot fall on the floor. Last Days, it being the time for a "restoration of true worship(TM)" etc.

And also that the acceptance of false teachings are enforced by disfellowshipping.

I'm sure Christ would be approve.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

No need to go for the WT's wacky interpretations really. The Bible itself never made one Prophecy (Prediction) that came true.

I know that in the JW mind there is a long list, but upon examination, they were either written after the event, (true of Daniel, the Gospels etc just to name some), or the interpretations are faulty, and the WT is not actually looking at a prophecy at all, or not one that applies as they think.

A careful reading of the original words, with understanding, i.e knowing how to read ancient texts, reveals my above statement to be true.

There is not one Bible prophecy that came true, at least as yet, and we have been waiting 2000 years already.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit