WTS overboard w/suggested presentation

by doinmypart 46 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Interesting that KM doesn't actually tell the publishers to tell the householders the real reason they are at their door. They tell you to say something like, "We are here because people are concerned about crime..." WRONG! We didnt' go to their door because people were concerned about crime or whatever. A police officer or security screen sales person would come to your door because 'people are concerned about crime.'. JWs are at their door because they are told that if they're not, they'll miss out on life. They are there because they have to be.

So a truthful presentation would be, "Good morning. My name is Julia and this is my friend Jasmine. We have come because we believe that we will die at Armageddon if we don't. If we stayed home this morning and slept in, or went shopping or took the kids out, we would have been crushed with guilt that we were not 'seeking first the kingdom. We don't really care about you, but if we don't come to your door, God won't love us. Have you ever felt so compelled to do something that when you didn't do it you felt your very life was at stake? [allow for answer]

and so on and so forth.

• valkyrie
    valkyrie

"Good morning. My name is Julia and this is my friend Jasmine. We have come because we believe that we will die at Armageddon if we don't. If we stayed home this morning and slept in, or went shopping or took the kids out, we would have been crushed with guilt that we were not 'seeking first the kingdom. We don't really care about you, but if we don't come to your door, God won't love us. Have you ever felt so compelled to do something that when you didn't do it you felt your very life was at stake? [allow for answer]

Fantastic intro! Truth in action!

I think that kind of honesty would win you a few extra minutes with the, by then, gape-mouthed householder.

• piztjw
    piztjw

not once did I ever use a suggested presentation as I was and always have been much more intellectually advanced than the outline provided

In the town where I live there is a pretty much half-witted MS who thinks he is getting brownie points or something by making stacks of photocopied KM presentations. Good lord, doesn't he think that if someone wanted to carry the talking orders around they could take it from their own KM? Of course he figures and salivates over every last word from "the slave."

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

We are here because joke-hova doesn't want you to enjoy anything. We are here because we want to waste our time and do not give a fxxx about wasting yours, either. We are here because joke-hova needs your soul in order to feed itself and enslave the whole world against Satan's will--Satan is trying to set joke-hova's property free from joke-hova's tyranny so we can actually enjoy life. We are here because we want to prevent Satan from setting your soul free from such oppression and tyranny that come from joke-hova.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

"Fantastic intro! Truth in action!

I think that kind of honesty would win you a few extra minutes with the, by then, gape-mouthed householder."

OMG I sooooooooo should reactivate just to do that.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Childish condescending Watchtower crap.

• BluePill2
    BluePill2

TTATTelder is absolutely correct and right on the money.

They are reading Robert B. Cialdini's book called Influence.

See here, second quote from the book:

http://www.goodreads.com/work/quotes/29303-influence-the-psychology-of-persuasion

What I find funny is that I bought the book, long time ago and my ex-wife made a fuss about me buying "psychology" books that are from the evil world.

Nowadays her buddies in Crooklyn are copying the good books that I've read years ago and blatantly copying to fill the KM with BS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit