A Faders Guide to Field Service

by pronomono 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

great point a family bookstudy gives you 4 hours, 4 rvs and 1 bs. You want to keep your monthly average somewhere between 4-5 per month. Any more than that and you will be expected to "reach out." You don't want to be an example, only do enough to not arrouse suspicion.

• pronomono
    pronomono

Two to three hours per month (mostly informal witnessing, if you could call it that) has kept me under the radar so far. I'm not inactive per se, but I'm definitely not exemplary by their standards. The elders pushed back on me the first month, I thanked them for their concern, started doing less, and now they barely speak to me. The sad thing is my previous elders from my last congregation still reach out to me for privileges; apparently they don't know about my new situation. It will break their hearts to learn the truth when I start to turn them down and tell them why. And it will be hard because I actually care about those guys. It seems like they were the only sincere ones I've met, with the exception of one or two back home.

Anyways, the November tract work has made field service easy, but that's quickly coming to an end. There's no thought process needed and very little deception since you aren't saying anything. It's a here, read this type thing. The householder can make there own decision about it, but hopefully they'll wind up just throwing it away.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Dont forget to push the screw rather than the doorbell :).

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Pronomo - I stopped offering ALL literature a long time ago, except the one or two tracts which don't contradict the Bible.

I just tell the householder the truth - I'm trying to encourage people to take a fresh look at what the Bible has to say!

At the same time, I do not attempt to get them to engage in a doorstep study. I don't want them coming to the KH!!!!!!

99.99% of people do not want to discuss anything at the door, so they're quite pleased that they are just being handed a tract!

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

If you are stuck with someone, and they do not want to work all the doors, just offer the literature. Most people will not take it anyway, so the chances of someone actually reading it and wanting further follow up are pretty low, and of course you will not go back. You could always put a sticker on the inside with a warning, directing them to JWfacts. Sort of a sneaky reverse witness.

• blondie
    blondie

I have a disability that makes going d2d impossible. So I did phone witnessing. I checked out a territory...called the first number, no answer....did chores, reading, etc., then called that number again an hour later, no answer. No chitchats with the 4 healthy pioneers as they used one phone to call one person as the rest had donuts and coffee. I just did it alone at home.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

If I felt compelled to go door-to-door, I would make my own tract with a gospel message and my phone number on it and invite people to call if they want to know more.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Thanks for the laughs!

Most of the decades I was in, I thought those who wanted to work alone were being more ' spiritual '... lol

Then later, I thought, Oh, they did not want to be critiqued! lol

Since I have learned TTATT, I have not 'preached' to anyone.

I cannot explain to anyone worldlyâ„¢ that I was told I was involved in a 'life saving' work??? and ???

They would have looked at me weird and said, 'Knocking on doors and presenting Watch Tower literature... Was a life saving work??' or or

As a typical JW drone, I believed what I was told.

' Headquarter's' are like abusive people. They rant and rave and tell you what to do. 7 million abused JW's take the abuse because they know otherwise, they will get the WT/GB door slammed in their face, with their family and friends still locked inside.

LoisLane

• jgnat
    jgnat

I notice that husbands and wives, and teens pair up pretty fast. I suspect they've got a system going and all a newcomer does is upset the apple cart.

• Laika
    Laika

My last few times on field service involved standing outside a train station holding up magazines. Nobody ever took one or spoke to me. Success!

Actually, even that became too much eventually.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit