A Faders Guide to Field Service

by pronomono 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• VOLO
    VOLO

Because of my job, I'm completely comfortable talking to strangers, so I could (if i wnated to) give a really excellent presentation of the magaizines. Not that they had anything in them worth reading. So instead of aiming my presentation at the householder (who I didn't want to drag into the morass my family and I were in anyway) I kept in mind my door to door companion of the day. If they were hardnosed types, I gave a generic JW presentation that would bore the householder while not setting off alarms with my elder or MS partner. If I was with a good brother or sister I (and it was their turn) I played backup singer to their lead, except intorducing a bit of dissonance in my comments or things that didn't quite apply. If I was with a young person and the householder was an argumentative type, I might play the hard cop, resonding to the HH's reasonable questions with memorized by-the-book answers. The householder ignored me anyway but I hoped my partner wowuld see that we don't really HAVE any answers, just memorized sound bites. My favorite was when I got to go alone to a door (prefereably out of earshot of the car). Then I was as mild as possible, suggesting pryaer and bible reading for answers, not the literature. And then when I got back to the car I used a little bit of theocratic war strategy on the FS group. It's been awhile since I was actually in a cr group but today that might mean saying (with a bit of confusion in my voice after i got back in the car) "well, everything was going along ok and we were talking about the bad conditions in the world and I brought up the subject of hypocrisy in religion, and then she said "funny you should say that, since your church just got smacked with a $20 million dooollar fine in California for not reporting child abuse. I told her I hadn't heard about anything like that and she said she wasn't surprised but I should google Candace Conte but I'm not about to do that." Or "That woman said Jehovahs witnesses had put an obscene video about masturbation on Youtube and she said she'd show it to me on her iphone but I said I had to make a return visit and left." or "Well, that guy said he knew all about the witnesses because his dad lives in Brooklyn and he says we've sold have a billion dollars worth of real estate over the last few years. I told him I was pretty sure he was misinformed." Naturally, I made it clear how shocked I was shocked by all these terrible allegations but I would make sure to give enough specifics for anybody to find out once they started googling. I used to LOOOOve field service.

• pronomono
    pronomono

Volo, that's perfect! Lol

• stillMS
    stillMS

Just don't go anywhere and write false hours (antitheocratic warfare).

You can go only if your wife or someone else insists too much. Choose the weirdest presentation from Kingdom Ministry (they are many) - that will do, I think

• Junebuggie
    Junebuggie

I really like Vanderhoven7's idea of making his own tract. Just a thought, you could mention in it that you were once in a cult and found what freedom to worship God

is really like for you. Great Ministry idea Vanderhoven7,,,, wish I had done that years ago!.. and our FS partner would never have known .

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

Mentioning the donation arrangement for the worldwide work early on in the presentation is a good way to get the door slammed, or just start out with a "We're Jehovah's Witnesses" opening line. An elder counseled me for starting out with that, but I countered and said that was who we were and we should be proud of that fact and eager to share as part of our 'public declaration for salvation' doctrine. He backed off when he couldn't find a way to argue with that.

• ohnightdivine
    ohnightdivine

I had to join the dreaded FS recently. Oh, well... I must say I have grown apathetic (since many things are LIES after all) but sometimes I would feel sorry for my partner (in her late 40's) who'd run up the street to catch a passing 'target' and just get ignored in the end.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

This is fun. Go out with some Elders and pioneers. Buy a recording device and just be crazy in the car. Ask weird questions. Steer the conversation to taboo subjects. Listen to it later, and post your experiences. For some real excitement, just print off the 15 minute guide to truth from JWfacts.com. During you own time, drive back to all the Elders RVs and leave the material in the door. I would love to seee the look on the Elders face when he loses an RV.

You can also make QR code stickers and put them on the tracts you plan to place. Make special mention of the QR codes, and have them lead to JWfacts.com. You can also place them at bus stops, stop signs and bathrooms. Go on the offensive if you must go out. You can also check out your own territory and work it alone. Just say you have a strange schedule right now, and must go alone ( if anyone asks). Place the 15 minute guide to truth. Talk about cult awareness with your neighbors. Do a survey, ask about JWs! Or, say you have depression and get a letter writing territory. No return address needed!

There are many alternatives if you must go. Just drive, say you are on meds for your back, but desperately wanted to see the friends. Can you say " brownie points!?" Still, the day will come when you just cannot go. It's up to you to know when the right time is.

Peace,

DD

• KateWild
    KateWild

I would never suggest that I would call back, and I never left literature. One lady said to me "I don't mind your lot coming round for a chat, but I can't stand those Jehovah's Witnesses".-phizzy

Great stuff. Too bad I am Df'd. Hey Searcher I may come out in field circus with your lot when I plan my visit as a reg pioneer. LOL. Kate xx

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

The last time I went out in service i had actually before this place the Teach book with a guy that really seemed interested, when i went back he said he had read the book and was no longer interested. Asking why he said that he had small children and wasnt going to give up birthdays. After I Thought I'm out here trying to get people to come to Gods only true relgion and they throw up man made rules in peoples way,WTF.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit